Sunday, December 16, 2012

Happy Birthday Mr H

Well, it rained again last night. Up and counting 3 nights of rain and 2 days. This will mean beautiful Spring flowers in our desert.  No plans for today except football. Our team, the NE Patriots play tonight. Instead of baking a cake for Mr H, I made individual Banana Cream pies for later. His birthday gift this year was having Zoe back home.... for now she sits with the Angels but will join Sherlock on a bookcase shelf. They put her in a cute print fabric and attached an angel pin to it.
I was up from 1 AM... so what to do? Well first wash and dry some wool felt. Then cut out a very large  bunny and pin the pieces together. I will probably sew it later. But I did make another pincushion...
 I stumbled upon the company, The Cheswick Co. and just had to order a few patterns. This is Springtime Sewing Companions. The other one with this is on my to do list. Now I will admit that I am not big into the Primitive style, but on occasion I do fall in love with something and just have to have it. I really do like so many of her designs. Of course you know me... I must make changes that make it mine. I do not think she would mind though. I had one email exchange with her and I just know she is a sweet person. Be sure to check her site out.
Well, my friends, it is time for me to stitch on my ... oh yes, another new start. Look, I just can not help myself! Until our next cuppa and chat, do enjoy your day.

7 comments:

cucki said...

Awww super sweet ..I love it so much ..so cute ..
Enjoy your day dear and happy birthday to me.H
Hugs x

Carolyn said...

Gracie,

Go Patriots! We are fans! My husband was born and raised in Maine.

Happy Birthday Mr. H. enjoy those Banana Cream pies!

Zoe is in a great spot being surrounded by angels.

I can't wait to see your new start.







rosey175 said...

Happy Birthday to Mr. H! I think those banana creme pies sound delicious.

Your mouse pincushion is so cute and creative. I love seeing what you make of things and make them all your own. :D

Anne said...

Happy Birthday to Mr. H!! What a great birthday gift...banana cream pies!! That little mouse pin cushion is adorable!!

Ann at Beadlework. said...

I recently found the Cheswick Company too and I ordered a kit and a chart. Her designs are so appealing and like you I'm not really into primitive style but I do like her patterns. I've not made the kit up yet but I'm looking forward to having a go even though sewing isn't my strong point. Your finished mouse and pincushion are so sweet.

Anthea said...

Happy Birthday to mrH, I hope the game was a good outcome for NE...
My goodness, are you often awake at 1am?

Patty C. said...

Love love love the pincushion !!!