Wednesday, December 19, 2012

A beautiful Wednesday

Oh the sun is back bright and warm.... the rains from last night are gone for now... just a nice day. I think the temp expected for Christmas day is 70... nice indeed.
I have been busy with needles in hand or I should say machine...

Mr Rabbit... until he has a proper name. Another pattern from the Cheswick Company. Just love it. And, yes, I did make a few changes but that is what makes him really mine. He is a he instead of a she. The pants are a great patchwork fabric I found yesterday at Jo Ann's and the top is red flannel. Mr Rabbit is sitting in my new rocking chair that Mr H bought for me. After Christmas with a bit of rearranging, it will be in our bedroom by the window. I am waiting for the cushions to arrive.... had to order them from J C Penny.          Look what is in my plant stand....

It is a sunflower pincushion made sing a 4" clay plant saucer and cotton pieces. This was shared by dear Kaaren on her blog recently. I already have another cut and ready to put together. I love  my pincushions. Her tutorial is wonderful.
So glad to be off work today... a doctor appointment this morning, but then time to stitch. Welcome to new friends and thank you all so much for your wonderful kind words. Have a great day.

7 comments:

Carolyn said...

Gracie,
What a cutie rabbit he is. He's outfit is adorable. He looks at home in the rocking chair.

What a beautiful pincushion. I love it the colors are just perfect!

Thank you for sharing your love of crafts and needlework!

cucki said...

Aww he is so cuteeee...I love him so much...so cutee
Very pretty pin cushion..
Love cucki x

Julie said...

Such an adorable bunny.

Annette-California said...

You did an amazing job making Mr. Rabbit. He's so darn CUTE! Lovely and your pincushion is Fantastic Grace. You have a wonderful day. love Annette

Nicola said...

Mr Rabbit is adorable and what a "happy" pin cushion. I love sun flowers they bring sunshine into a room.

stitcheranon said...

Mr Rabbit is a handsome looking guy that's for sure. Love the sunflower pin cushion. Beautiful.

Patty C. said...

I was thinking about making this one - great work Gracie !!