Friday, November 16, 2012

TGIF...

oh wait... I still have one more work day before my weekend starts. Here is one of the projects I have been working on
A free pattern for a Biscornu from Stickerin M B. It is a German blog and lovely designs.  I made a few changes... of course to personalize it. I added yellow beads instead of French knots.  I have just started the back side and hope to finish it by the weekend. I do not think I will stitch completely as the front. I like the sides to be different. We will see....
Mr H picked up the turkey for thanksgiving... well actually since it is just the 2 of us, it is a large breast. We do not make a big to do for the meal but I do like to have turkey on the special day. Thanksgiving is our favorite holiday. He will cook all the fixings and I will make the dessert. We were invited to join friends out to eat, but as they prefer to go out early  and Mr H is not an early eater... we plan to cook home. Oops, I mean he will do the cooking... no not me. I will bake bread also... still enjoying my bread machine and still looking for a nice light zucchini bread recipe.
I am still trying to catch up on my blog visits... it it not easy once you get behind! Speaking of behind, I best get mine moving... off to work today. Thank you for your kind words and for spending some time with me today. I do hope you have a great day.

12 comments:

cucki said...

aww it is so beautiful..
have a lovely weekend xxx

Grit said...

Wow, this looks so beautiful.
Liebe Grüße Grit

dixiesamplar said...

Very pretty biscornu design! I haven't attempted one of those yet...still on the fence.

Vickie said...

Wow! Impressive Gracie. I have bread in the bread machine right now.=)

Nicola said...

What a sweet pattern. I love the design and colours.

Wishing you a good weekend.

Minnie said...

Beautiful biscornu, I'm working on one but it's for an exchange so I can't share until it sent and received. This will be my very first, wish me luck.

Gabi said...

Beautiful biscornu. Have to check out that blog .

Samplers, Silks and Linens said...

Very pretty - enjoy your thanksgiving.

Janet P said...

Happy Thanksgiving. I love the Biscornu I have never made one, so I go on that German blog for the pattern, and the first thing I see are the Christmas boots that members of our club (in Devon) made. What a small world.

Angela Cruz-garcia said...

Such a lovely pattern and pretty stitching.

Julie said...

Pretty design

SoCal Debbie said...

That will be a beautiful biscornu and so pretty with the beads. I'm sure your house will smell lovely with all the Thanksgiving food and your bread baking!