Sunday, November 11, 2012

Need a quiet relaxing day~~~~

What a week!  We were so busy at Jo Ann's these past 2 weeks.  I am glad it is Sunday and I have today and tomorrow off before beginning the next big sale. I have a Potato and Rosemary bread in the  machine... one laundry in the dryer and one in the wash.... and I plan to stitch real soon.  Reindeer food and Christmas spiders are getting ready to travel near and far..... my exchanges are ready to post except for the one I am finishing this weekend. I am humming along.  Have you seen the Gingerbread Mouse pattern by Just Nan.... one of my fav designers... I must get it! I am not in the mind to drive to Mesa to The Needlework shop,  so I may have it sent to me. It is got to hang on my tree this year.  The temps have certainly dropped here in Arizona and it is about time.  We moved here for the wonderful climate, but enough of the hot days. I need cool weather to think about Thanksgiving and Christmas.
'I would be remiss if I did not say thank you to all who gave/give me freedom.  Until my dad died in 1985, he always bought sis Lynowl and me a red poppy to wear.  I do not see them of late but I still remember.

It was so nice to chat with you today.... enjoy the day.

7 comments:

Julie said...

I've had a lovely catch up read here.
Enjoy your quiet day, I think you've earned it.
Listened to the remembrance service on the radio today from our city here in the Uk.

butterfly said...

I have been out wearing my Poppy all week.
We will remember our men and girls.

Vickie said...

You are right Gracie. I have not seen one poppy this year. Enjoy your evening now. :)

blue star stitcher said...

I dread trips to Jo-Ann's around the holidays but love the holiday fabrics. Hope you have a relaxing Veteran's Day.

Kathy Ellen said...

Yummy! I would love to share a warm slice of your potato and rosemary bread with you today! I haven't seen 'Gingerbread Mouse' but it sounds delightful!

Thank you for sharing your sweet thoughts about our Veterans, who dearly deserve our remembrance and grateful thanks for serving, that we might know freedom in America. My husband's birthday happens to be today too!

Blessings@

Fiore said...

Have a nice and quiet day. I bet you have earned it.
Fiore

Dani - tkdchick said...

Sounds like you deserve the rest!!!