Sunday, October 21, 2012

Unexpected day...

Most of the time Mr H and I set out for one thing and then we do another and another. Yesterday was that sort of day. I can not even remember what we did at first, but he decided to ride North of Cave Creek to check out the Sears-Kay Ruin. The area is in this area.
We did begin to hike in but as this was not our original destination and I had sandals on and only one bottle of water, we stopped half way there. It also was quite warm; neither of us had hiked in a year since Mr H's surgeries so we thought better of continuing. Plans are to return better prepared. But as we left the area...

9 comments:

Kaisievic said...

Hi Grace, fantastic view. Thanks for sharing and Miss Zoe is definitely not the problem! lol!

Nicola said...

That is some view.

Fiore said...

Nice Sunday! Is that place close to you?

Janet P said...

It's nice sometimes to just follow your nose (if you see what I mean) you always get a nice surprise.

SoCal Debbie said...

Beautiful scenery! Happy hiking next time you are better prepared!

Woman Seeking Center said...

I think that's 'oft times the best fun - the 'unplanned' adventures! I'm impressed you hadn't an ache or pain between you - bravo indeed ;-)

ps I can so imagine you calling out to your DH to step back from the edge, lol (mines the same way, a bit too fearless for my taste for certain)!

Julie said...

You live in a very beautiful place.

Kathy Ellen said...

An interesting adventure with a captivating view of the countryside. So nice that you and your husband were able to get away and enjoy a little time together.

Blessings!

blue star stitcher said...

I love all the neat shops out in Cave Creek. Have you ever eaten at El Encanto, they have the prettiest outdoor patio & pond.