Tuesday, September 11, 2012

A rainy day in sunny Arizona

In my family we always remember December 7...my dad Joe was a Pearl Harbor Survivor. Now I have added September 11. I remember as most of you do, where I was (work), how I heard (telephone call) and how I felt.... pain. I was working for doctors and we  put on a TV to watch the horror as it was happening. Time stood still in our office. The vision is as fresh today as it was 11 years ago. Ironically, there was an interview the other night for a new book. It is called No Easy Day and it sounded like something I had to read. I went to B & N  and bought it. I just began reading so there is not much I can say. So today as we remember those who were lost, we should also remember those families and friends who lost so much on that day.
What a great morning. I know, how does she say this after what she just wrote?! It is raining and cool cooler. The temp is only 75! and it should reach 95 today instead of the triple digits. A nice day. Of course the rain means that Ms Zoe will debate whether to go out today... she will need lots of encouraging as she detests the rain.. any water on her feet for that matter.  Slept a little late today...got up at 4 AM...watched some Netflix. Mr H was up for a bit and he made me egg and bacon on toast.. then went back to bed. What? okay, I am spoiled. I am off to work today and he has a doctor appointment for a test. I really do not like when I do not go with him as I will get the info second hand.
I thought I would share a little of what I am stitching...remember it is going to someone and I must keep it a secret for now...

There is much more to do... and I think this will be one to stitch again. I know it can be made with a few different variations. I must really get more done on some of my Christmas gifts. Just need more minutes in my day.
Welcome to another new friend... thank you all for the kind words and for spending time with me. I do hope you have a good day.

8 comments:

cucki said...

it is really looking so lovely..
lovely day here too..
hugs x

Vickie said...

Beautiful day here as well. Sunny and windy. Your stitching looks so intriguing.

Julie said...

Very interesting project, looks beautiful.

Patty C. said...

Your stitching looks lovely!

Samplers, Silks and Linens said...

I love bacon and eggs so simple yet so delish - whats red and green? hmmm - I don't know but it has to be something christmassy, right?

Annette-California said...

Hello Grace! The stitching pattern sure caught my eye. Looking Pretty.
Have a great day,
love Annette

Dani - tkdchick said...

Your project looks pretty neat and Christmassy! I'm working on an exchange right now and it makes blogging about stitching a challenge.

Woman Seeking Center said...

Hi Gracie!

Your stitching is SO precise - oh my!
Can't wait to see (once the surprise factor is past) what it will become.

A bit kinder weather here also - and greatly enjoyed.

I agree, much better to accompany one you love/care for to appointments. Not only do you (as you say) hear all the information first hand, but it also allows for another set of ears processing the info and asking questions! All good. Best of luck to him with the testings.

PS that breakfast sounds delish :-)

Hugs, Issy