Saturday, September 22, 2012

A little peek

My Lady is almost ready for her full debut... but first how about a close-up of...

a bit of bling... every girl needs wants something special.
some golden threads to highlight the "brocade". Just a few here and there to catch the light. A few "pearls" to jazz it up.
I have so enjoyed working on this. I like being able to make her a little of mine with just a few changes to the original design.

So glad today is finally Saturday. I know, most of you wait for TGIF, but for me today is the end of my week. I must say that this has been a busy week at work. Get coupons and many pieces of fabric cut. Today may start Autumn, but the temps are still high. It was 105 on my way home last night at 5:30 PM.Wouldn't it be nice if we could flip the temps the way we do the calendar pages?
Thank you for the good health wishes. The lab work came back that I am a hair away from the diabetic label! I started a med taken with the evening meal. I find myself feeling a little nausea this morning. I took last nights pill after I ate instead of before. I guess it makes a difference! Now a change of diet is needed.  I will have the MRI results on Monday.
I welcome a new friend... and thank all of you for taking the time to stop by for a chat. You brighten my day.  Have a wonderful weekend....

12 comments:

September said...

Hello!

I think your lady is looking beautiful!
I hope you feel better soon.
Happy weekend!

Nancy said...

Love your special touches for your lady! Hope you feel better soon!

cucki said...

aww she is looking sweet..i love the idea so much..
hugs xx

Patty C. said...

She's looking lovely!
Wishing you the best of health!

Anne said...

Loove her bling! Can't wait to see her in all her glory!!

Nicola said...

I can't wait to see your lady in all her glory. Every girl needs a little bling.

I hope your Nausea soon passes as your body adjusts to the medication.

rosey175 said...

I love your little changes! :D They really add a little spice to your piece and kudos to you for dealing with beading needles, lol.

Fiore said...

Gracie my dear, thank god you don't loose your sense of irony and your desire to create.
Love this work. You amaze me every day more.
Hugs and kisses.
Fiore

butterfly said...

Your lady is going to be beautiful.
Wish we could have a little of your heat it's almost cold here today and dull and raining .Take care hugs.

Julie said...

Your lady beautiful.
I hope the news from the mriisgoid and the new meds help. I'm hearing of a few people recently who are borderline diabetic, I hope you soon feel much better.

Vickie said...

Oh I am sorry you are almost at diabetic Gracie. It is a pain to adjust the diet. No one wants to, but I am glad you are. My mother was at the same place you are now at healthwise, a year ago. She does not listen to the doctor or anyone about it. She is diabetic and in denial!
I love the lady. =)
I am awaiting MRI results too.♥

Ann at Beadlework. said...

Hopefully if you are diabetic you will be able to manage it with dietary changes. I love your stitch, the colours are so muted and subtle.