Thursday, August 23, 2012

Early post

My goodness, I can't remember when I have posted this early in the day! It could be that I have been up for most of the morning... yes, since 1 AM. Zoe was up. She never seemed to be bothered by storms, but I think she is now. Once again we had a rain, thunder and lightening storm. This one last night was not as bad as Tuesday nights storm, but she seems bothered by it now. Here we are coming to the end of our Monsoon season and we are getting storms almost every night. We really do need the rain so no complaints. Sleep was an on/off situation until Zoe decided to sleep at 4:30 AM and here I am wide awake... well, I am awake at any rate. I go in for 1 PM today so I can at least take it easy until then. One laundry in the wash and one in the dryer. I do think I need another cup of coffee.
But first....
The Lady is taking shape! It is such a nice pattern to work on. I think I will complete her skirt before adding her arms. I just noticed a stitch that seems off a little in her face so I will try to fix that before doing anything else. Still gathering my thoughts on her embellishments and finish.
I gathered some beads to make a red and white bracelet using Tila beads. I like to wear a bracelet everyday and I do not have a red one. I have 2 completed bracelets to mail off to 2 of my cousins. I had completely forgotten about one of my WIPs so that too will be in the mix this weekend. Time to think about Christmas stitching. Have you started your projects yet?
I hear the wash has finished so off I go. Welcome to my new friends....I love hearing from all of you. Thank you for stopping in to today...enjoy your day.

12 comments:

cucki said...

she is so sweettttt
big hugs xx

Patty C. said...

I love this pattern - beautiful work Gracie!

Vickie said...

1a.m.!!! NO way! Yuck!
Christmas!?! Oh man! I need to finish up Praise God first.

Gabi said...

Don't you hate those sleepless nights? I have those too every so often. But they sure are good stitching times. Lobe your beautiful lady ;)

Holly said...

Hello Gracie

Isn't it awful when your pet can't settle and then you can't either?
I'm hoping you have a better night tonight with Zoe.

Your lady looks lovely and I'm looking forward to seeing your bracelet.

Holly x

Anne said...

Oooh 1am? Wow that is early! I hope you and Zoe get a nap in soon! Love your little lady and how she is shaping up!

Susan Elliott said...

She's very sweet gracie. I want to build my own skirt on her cute little body...

Raffaella said...

Bellissima!!
Saluti Raffaella

Janet P said...

Hi Gracie, my dog used to hate thunder storms, used to end up on my lap - only trouble was he was a border collie and big!

Sally said...

Lovely progress on the lady :)

Julie said...

Our cat used to hide behind the sofa when it was stormy and shiver, he wouldn't let you get near him.

Nice prgress on your lady.

I was only thinking yesterday was it too early to be planning some Christmas gift stitching and knitting before it arrives and i have no time.

hope you have a better night tonight.

sally said...

Hello

Your stitching is lovely!
I hope your doggy is feeling much better now.

Sally