Sunday, July 1, 2012

It arrived and I don't mean July 1st !

Oh, another hot day. Last night at 5:30 it was 113 as I drove home from work....and it is not getting any better today. But when I did get in Mr H brought me the mail and it arrived....
I just sent in the order for School Girl  Sampler Thimble Purse and how quickly I have it. Thank you Brenda Gervais for designing a lovely project. I think I may have to order one of the  others now. I do not have the threads or linen yet, but it came with a mini antique brass purse frame. If I get too antsy to work on it, I will substitute the linen and thread, but I am going to try to hold off.
I love all of the Country Stitches designs. I think I need Birds and Berries....next time I will order with the threads. I do have GA Sampler threads and thought let me see if I have wahat  I need, but of  course I only have 2 of them. The directions are in photo steps and so nice to follow. I hope I can hold off until Monday to get the required thread...... I think I can.
I did more with Needle and Thread...
On this one, I did substitute thread and linen and I am very pleased with my selection. Nothing like tooting my own horn! I will list them all later. This is such a nice project to work on.
Well, time to put the wash into the dryer...have some granola and try to loose this headache.  I really enjoy our visits...and your kind words. Have a wonderful day.

6 comments:

thegreytail said...

needle and thread.. how I love this one!!
try to resist that gorgeous thimble purse! :D

Janet P said...

No wonder you have a headache with that heat!! You have some lovely stitching to look forward to. x

Kathy Ellen said...

Hope that your headache has lessened. I love those adorable little thimble purses and would love to stitch one too. Enjoy stitching it! Very nice progress on 'Needle & Thread'. Hope that the heat abates very soon!

Annette-California said...

Ohhhhh! I've seen those thimble purse charts on Brenda's blog and shop. I look forward to whenever you do get to stitch it. All looked so pretty. Needle and Thread is coming along very nicely Grace. You must have a LNS near you? I don't. Micheal's & Joann's don't carry the over dyed threads. Hope you feel better. love Annette

Anne said...

I think those little purses are darling! Lovely progress on Needle and Thread! I like the little owl sitting on the moon!

Silverlotus said...

Oh, I think the Thimble Purse is adorable. I can't wait to see you work on it.

And Needle and Thread is looking great!