Thursday, July 5, 2012

Oh my, we actually did get some rain yesterday. As usual it did not last too long and did not amount to much. But we gladly take what we can get. Today promises to be a humid day here with the temps a little below average. I will be at work and not looking forwrd to the humidity.
 I managed to get another 100 stitches in for Iris...
I did carry one color down into the next block as it was only one stitch in the completed one. I now have 30 colors in use...60 more to go.



I also have more on Needle and Thread...
I am still thinking on the finish for this one. Although it has more to stitch, I have changed my mind twice! I think I will just wait until the last X is stitched. I was asked about the linen I am using. I wish I could answer more than it is from my stash, but the truth is, I do not know more than that. Sometimes I purchase remnant pieces and they do not have info about name only count. I liked the color and the 32ct was right. I did change the colors to DMC as that was what was readily available to me. I am using #'s, 3828--3802--3862--163--3733. One of these pictures hopefully will show the real pink shade of the linen...
 I am feeling so very tired today with no real reason. I think it is the humidity. At least I hope that is the reason for the upset stomach. I pulled some rat tail to make another Kumihimo bracelet. I do want to try one with beads. I watched a great beaded bracelet tutorial this morning...now I wast to try one of those also! I am not content unless I have a few projects in the works. Today I plan to pick out fabric for another handbag.  I think I better slow down...
In the  meantime, welcome to my new friends and to all of you, thank you for your kind comments and emails. Have a wonderful day.

7 comments:

Silverlotus said...

Rest, relax and try to stay cool. High humidity can make anyone feel poorly.

Your stitching is looking great, as always.

geeky Heather said...

Hope you get to feeling better! I have a beaded kumihimo necklace on the loom right now! I'm using embroidery floss, though. I think it's turning out pretty well!

Janet P said...

I know just what you mean about having lots of projects on the go. Love it! x

Woman Seeking Center said...

Hi Gracie!

The shading of colors thus far in your first project shared is lovely. Looking forward to seeing more as time and energy allow :-)

I'm unlikely sharing anything you don't already consider and follow regarding heat/humidity/tiredness but just in case not ~ I find that if a drink a bit more water (nothing else, just plain water which I dispise, lol) I feel so much better. I almost never feel a sense of thirst or obviously sweat (TMI probably lol) no matter how hot. And when working inside and or in air conditioning even harder to eval dehydration (for me anyway). So (again I find for me) I have to stay very regimented to intake water in stretches of heat. I know it can be detrimental to take in tooooo much water, and as I'm no doctor not sure what the exact right amt is. But I like you will develop sour stomach, tiredness, feeling off for no reason and many times increasing water does the trick for me!

Take care!
Hugs
Issy Faye

Kaisievic said...

Hi Gracie, I know what you feel about being tired - working full time and looking after a family I often wake up from a night's sleep still feeling tired! I often take Berocca to help jumpstart me in the morning!

I have not forgotten about sending you your prize - I just have not had time to get me act together. Soon, I promise!

hugs, Kaye

Annette-California said...

I understand about having a few projects going on at the same time. It is fun. I sure hope you feel better. And please make sure you are drinking fluids. Especially with the heat you've had. Wips are looking pretty Grace. Take care - love Annette

Mangogirl said...

Gorgeous stitching