Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Blah Blah Blah and Palm trees

Oh, I am having one of those days. I have no ambition. I did browse my stash...... I did sort some trim...... I did clean my work area..... I did have a second cup of coffee.... I did put a wash in...... but did I stitch? No. Did I find a new project? No. Blah Blah Blah!

Ms Zoe needs to be taken to the vet this morning around 8 am. That means I will have to wake her, take her out and hope she does what needs to be done then drop her off to the vet for a few hours. She has been having UTI's and her white blood count is so very high, they want to get a very sterile sample. She went on Monday but I had to take her back home. So today is another try. She will be 12  this July 12th and I do think she is starting to fail. I wish Mr H could be more in tune with this, but he is in denial that this is happening. I think I am stressing over today with her and that is probably why I am in this mood.

Today is trim the palm trees day. What a job these men have...
They climb up and into the top of the trees which here are about 40 feet high. They really do get into the tree completelyand as you can see... disappear! The palms fall and are heavy enough to actually dent the lawn when they land. The job requires the 2 men who climb and trim and then the 2 guys who clean up and one who chips the palms. The Grackles are here to find the bugs and seeds. Both female and male birds gather. Today there were at lest 10 of them scouring the fallen palms. A big bird, the female is about 15 inches and the male around 18.  Our Association has about 18 Palm trees, with 9 of them in our courtyard! Always an event!
Well, guess I better finish the wash... and get ready to wake baby girl and get off to the vet.It will be an anxious day waiting for the test results. I m glad you stopped by today. Thank you for the kind words and emails.... I love hearing from you. Hope your day is great.

6 comments:

Parsley said...

Hope things go well at the Vet's office.

CalamityJr said...

I certainly understand your blah's and will be thinking of you and Miss Zoe today.

SoCal Debbie said...

Maybe after the vet appt, you'll come home and choose a new stitchy project to start.

Palm tree trimming is a dangerous job! Thanks for the photos!

Vickie said...

I have prayed for all three of you. :) I understand dog issues, as you are aware of. http://astitchersstory.blogspot.com/

Cindy said...

Hope your fur baby recovers well. It can be stressful. Thoughts and prayers your way.

Janet P said...

I know exactly how your are feeling, he is one of the family, I shall be thinking of you.