Saturday, December 31, 2011

Happy New Year

For Mr H and me, seeing the end of 2011 is a welcome time. The last 6 months have been a challenge and we seem to be moving ahead in a positive healthy way. There were days waiting for tests results that seemed to go on forever. Thank all of you my friends for the encouragement which made times easier for me so I could be there for Mr H. It truly gave me the push I sometimes needed..To those of you who also met challenges in 2011, I do send heartfelt wishes for a better new year.

Now, look at this amazing plant....
It is a Pachypodium. Mr H went on-line to get info and discovered that it is poisonous to humans and animals! The sap is.... but with thorns as large and hard as this plant has, I do not see a problem. It has 3 off shoots or pups as they are called.
And how about my tomatoes...
They are beginning to ripen and I can hardly wait!
But...... the strawberries~~~~~
There were 2 that just had turned red and the very next day they were gone! Someone got them and it was not me! Now we cover them at night in hopes that I will get at least one.....these two are being watched very closely.

My last try at a beaded bracelet ......


Herringbone stitch..... and I did a pretty good job. I am enjoying adding this craft to my list of things to do.

I started to take down the Christmas decorations this morning. The main tree in the living room is all that is left as well as the outside lights. They will remain until tomorrow. As much as I love all the festivities, it is nice to get things back to normal.
Whatever your plans for this day/evening, be safe and enjoy. See you next year!

4 comments:

CalamityJr said...

Blessings and a happy, healthy new year are my wish for you and Mr H!

Vickie Niggemann said...

Your beadwork has been so impressive! I hope you get some strawberries soon. ;) God bless you and Mr. H in the New Year!

Cardygirl said...

May 2012 be a happy & healthier year for you!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Happy New Year and thanks for my Christmas card!
Wishing you health, wealth and happiness in 2012.