Sunday, September 4, 2011

I love my humbug~~~

This is one of the prettiest humbugs ......
Just Nan
Summer Wings  on 28 ct Blue Dynasty Cashel linen and DMC colors as listed

The colors are just so nice. There is a butterfly on each of the 3 sides ...... and the back .....
the beads and the simple outline are just perfect ....... and then ....
the counting pin that came with the pattern is really a perfect touch. I usually make counting pins to add to cushions, but who would when you can put this one in!
I never posted the finish for .....

BBD Summer Iris. It is sitting on the backing fabric.

I really must thank all of you who sent good wishes and thought to Mr H and myself. He is feeling much better. This was our first experience of it's kind and the hospital staff were just great. With Mr H not feeling well, I have discovered that I need a list of what to take care of around here! I forgot to water the garden and check the pond and almost forgot to feed the dog! I admit she could stand to loose a few pounds ... but really!
Today I will work on my exchange piece and maybe my embroidery too. I m craving fried rice....I know it is only morning.....and yes there are a few things that I cook ..... so I think I will steam the rice for later use and pour some iced tea......
thank you for visiting with me and the kind words and thoughts..... have a great day....

21 comments:

~Niki~ said...

ooh, nice!
i used to do lots of xstitching, not so much anymore. my eyes cannot handle it. lol

CalamityJr said...

Gorgeous! The colors are perfect, just like your stitching and finishing! As for a to-do list, it's not such a bad thing. I (have to) use one often, lol.

butterfly said...

Love your HUMBUG and butterflies are my thing.
Very nice stitching.

Jennifer M. said...

Your little humbug came out so cute! I love it. The butterflies are really pretty. The exchange piece is really lovely too. That background fabric is beautiful. :)

I hope you get to enjoy your Sunday.

Jen

pat said...

I really like your little pillow!!
Pat

GoldenAngelsWorks said...

Both look so great. Congrats on the finishes.

So glad Mr. H. is doing better.

Teresa said...

Your Humbug finished just lovely. Glad to hear hubbie is a little better. Enjoy your fried rice and don't forget the dog.
Teresa's Heartfelt Stitches

lanybleu said...

I love your humbug too, really looks lovely.

Chookyblue...... said...

love the stitching.........very cute project........

Cardygirl said...

Love that humbug!

Nancy said...

Lovely finishes! Oh, I love fried rice and have been known to have it warmed over for breakfast! :)

Ellen said...

The humbug is gorgeous! Love your BBD's finish too!

Hugs,

Tricia said...

It turned out just beautiful! Your sweet tea and fried rice sound yummy. Enjoy!!

Lynda said...

I love your humbug too - so pretty and the pin is lovely too.

valerie said...

Great finishes! I am so happy Mr. H is feeling better. What a scare!

Bec said...

They are both absolutely lovely! :)
Gorgeous butterfly pin.

krayolakris said...

Beautiful finishes...your humbug is lovely!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I adore this little humbug, I've been watching it grow each post!
All 5 of my postcards have arrived now - thanks for organising the exchange!

Carol said...

It is just lovely, Grace!! And I'm so happy to hear that Mr. H. is doing better, too :)

Cindy said...

ohhh what a lovely finish of your butterflies...i have been enjoying your progress...glad to hear mr. h is feeling better, hopefully they will get his surgery scheduled soon for you guys.....have a wonderful day

Melanie said...

Oooo, such a pretty piece!!!