Tuesday, September 6, 2011

I'm having such a good time~~~~

Have you used Google today? If not -- be sure to do so. Today is Freddie Mercury's 65th birthday. Song is a nice way to start the day!

Where to begin~~~~ well how about the rabbit hole....
This is only one of at least 3 that lead into the rabbit's abode. They live here at the entrance to our courtyard

under this enormous Rosemary bush. The above entrance is along the left of this bush. I love the fragrance each time it is touched. Sometimes Zoe sniffs it then she smells like Rosemary for a bit! We have so many rabbits in our community and this year there seemed to be lots of bunnies born. They like to eat Lantana and we all have it planted so they have a feast.

Here is the embroidery so far...

It is Huswif Needlecase by Kaaren. I am stitching in DMC 3031 and it is resting on the backing fabric. I forgot just how much I enjoy doing embroidery. I learned when I was around 10 years old. We had a wonderful playground in our neighborhood and everyday we would do "girl" crafts.... the boys played games. My sis Lyn and I went everyday once school was out and right up until school re-opened. Wonderful times.
Anyway, I am enjoying this project as I continue to work on my exchange piece which is almost ready for finishing.
There is a give away at Deborah's place so be sure to check it out. I am soon approaching my 1st year blogging... I can hardly believe it has already been a year. I will of course be having a giveaway.... so watch for the posting. In the meantime ... so glad you stopped by today. Have a great day.

2 comments:

Mouse said...

oooo love the rosemary bush with the rabbit holes :0 and cute embroidery ... I keep thinking must have a re go at this one day ..lol love mouse xxxx

SoCal Debbie said...

Thanks for sharing pics of your neighborhood! I always thought embroidery looked hard because you had to be so careful and precise with the stitches, so you must be very good at it!