Wednesday, August 3, 2011

My Pagoda and a Friendship Exchange

What a joy to stitch and assemble this piece.....

This was a design from Lody Steward from the GOS July 2009 #42 issue. I used 28 ct white linen from my drawer and the threads are DMC # 115 and #792. The beads are gold beads from my bead box.
What a great design......The article says that this would be the display position.....

...and then to use as a pin cushion.... 
isn't it lovely! I plan to make a few more using different colors.

I started my Fall Exchange...I know, we have not even had the sign up or the name of our exchange partner....better early than hustling later. Here is the linen I dyed...

I used Rit Tan and plain white....I love the way the red splotches come out. I gathered and then rolled it in on itself when I put it in the bath.....really love the way it turned out. I like to dye my linen.....fun to experiment. So far they have always turned out to my liking.
 Today is errand day...just a few...with these hot dog days upon us I was wondering if anyone would like to do a an inexpensive and easy exchange------A Friendship Exchange----just a postcard exchange. Just leave me an email with your snail info. Just another way to connect with a friend or make a new one.
Glad you stopped by today...have a pleasant day.

13 comments:

Mouse said...

oooo it is lovely :) and love the thought of a postcard exchange ... except where I live no postcards ..lol love mouse xxx

Teresa said...

Love your finished piece. I have never seen anything like it, just beautiful.
Teresa's Heartfelt Stitches

Nancy said...

Your finished piece is beautiful!

Ellen said...

Love your pagoda, it's gorgeous!

Your dyed fabric is lovely, must try to dye my own fabric one day!

Hugs,

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Love your pagoda! It's very unusual.
The postcard exchange is a great idea but poor Mouse :-( is there nothing of interest nearby your home?

Gabi said...

Beautiful finish. Congrats. It looks gorgeous standing up or down.
Lovely fabric for your Fall exchange. :)

Melanie said...

Beautiful!!!! I was blessed enough to be gifted this piece in a exchange I participated in and I just love love love it.

Patty C. said...

I love love love the pin cushion Gracie - Beautiful :)

pam said...

great pin cushion

Hannah - City Stitcher said...

I would love to do a post card exchange (i'm in the UK) maybe we should send all our postcards to mouse!

Also, love the pagoda pin cushion, it's really beautiful

SoCal Debbie said...

Your pagoda is lovely! You're such a fast stitcher and finisher! Already starting on the fall exchange; you're so efficient! I would love to exchange postcards.

Sally said...

Your pagoda is gorgeous :)

Bronny said...

Following many other comments - I'd like to add that I too think that your Pagoda is delightful. It's unusal shape is certainly eyecatching - was it hard to put together?