Thursday, August 25, 2011

A Birthday afar~~~and a bead

Today is my brother's birthday......we are 11 years apart but there have been times when he is my big brother.....
This was taken when he last visited....this past April......he usually comes out every year and I do look forward to his visit. This was taken at our favorite watering hole...Margarettaville.

Yesterday was another pre-op test for Mr H and we return to the same place today for another test.....one more test next Monday then I think we will be ready for surgery. I have been taking my exchange piece to work on while waiting the 3 hours each test takes...but I did stitch a bit more on the Butterflies----
I added the flower....what? you thought there would be more-----I was so tired yesterday that I am happy that I got that one in!

Just look at the tiny bee body bead......it is oval in shape so when you sew it on, it looks like a body. It is called a peanut bead because of the shape. Oh and the lamb...he stays with my knitting. Her name is Maggie after the girl who gifted him to me some years ago.
I am already tired for the day....went to the grocery store for a few things ... took Zoe for her pedicure ... getting ready to drop the CT Cd to the surgeon and then on for the next test for Mr H...then later today out to dinner with a former co-worker.....I think work tomorrow will be my rest day!
Glad you came by today..... hope you have a relaxing day full of stitches.

6 comments:

Blu Stitcher said...

Happy Birthday to your Bro... Poor Mr. H, those pre-op tests are such a pain for everyone. Your piece is so beautiful and the bee is perfect. I need to get to the craft store and try to find something like that. Take care and I hope you can get some rest soon.

Jennifer M. said...

You certainly sound like you could use a rest. Sitting in doctor's offices and testing centers can certainly take the energy out of a person. I hope Mr. H is doing well through out all this. Your butterflies are beautiful. That peanut bead certainly is small. I would need a magnifying glass to see when attaching that.

I hope you are able to get some rest soon.

Jen

Teresa said...

Your brother looks very content with his margaritas. I saw the butterfly yesterday and clicked on to see it closer. Thought it was 2 beads. Thanks for the update. Good thing we have our stitching to take with us to help kill time.
Good luck with all the tests.
Teresa's Heartfelt Stitches

SoCal Debbie said...

Your butterflies are so pretty! I almost look forward to long waits in waiting rooms, as long as I have my stitching with me!

CalamityJr said...

Take care of yourself, too!

Gabi said...

Happy birthday to your brother
Good luck at the doctor for Mr. H
Your Butterflies are gorgeous :)