Wednesday, March 16, 2011

I'm still here

First, thank you for the good wishes....I think I am feeling better...I say think, because it is still early in this day. Still with a little cough and a confused nose. It runs and then stuffs up before I can grab a tissue!...and yes, Doctor Mr H has insisted that I take stuff to get better. Glad he is all better so he can take care of poor me....
The Gamble Quail are back. This is the pot they always make their nest....
Lucky that it does not require everyday watering...and can be watered from the bottom! The pot is about 24 inches high...they are ground layers so why they have picked this pot for the last 3 seasons is beyond me. Mr H did not cover it so now we have some eggs....

We now have 6..one is hidden but the leaf. Mr H thought if he left some of last season's broken shells they would not return. Right. The Gamble's stop by when they have an egg or two to deposit. When all 10-12 are placed in the pot, they will start to stay. The Mr. has a deformed leg and hops about but seems to manage just fine.
I did manage to stitch but so very little...stop over to my other place and you will see just how little I did do! If my head stays on straight and my nose stops running, I just may get some of my other projects stitches in. Thank you for stopping by and sending me the notes...sorry I did not respond to each of them but I stopped by for such a short time...today will be better. Have a good one.

4 comments:

Patty C. said...

I am so sorry you have not been feeling well - But as I recall I appreciate things so much more when I get over an illness !!! Brighter days are coming :)

Keep us posted on the egg progress - I love watching things like that - I am still mad at those hummers from previous posts - lol

Hugs,

Blu Stitcher said...

Oh man, I love an egg watch.

Susan said...

Glad you are feeling a little better.

Happy Stitching!

Whytefeather said...

Hope the cold clears up soon and glad you are starting to feel better! Love seeing the nest and those eggs... how neat to get to watch them that close.