Saturday, January 22, 2011

Thimbles

I would like to share one of my collections..thimbles.
The display holds 100 and I still have a few empty spaces to fill. One blank spot is for a thimble from Illinois. As we drove through the states to get here I picked up a thimble but was unable to get one in Illinois. One day it will be there in the bottom row.
See the silver one...it is the smallest

and the four metal ones are the oldest..one was given to me back in 1980 . The lady was around 80 and it was hers from the 20's!
These are the most ornate. The are from Kirks Folly, a company in Rhode Island. See Dorothy's red slippers!

I have one from Germany, Paris and Switzerland, Canada and Mexico...family and friends have brought them back from travels as well as when I am out and about. I love thimbles!

Well, I do have a stitch update...but you know...it is here...so blog over and see how far I have gotten with.....

14 comments:

Emily said...

Wow, thats so cool Grace!! How many and what states are you missing??

Lee said...

Great collection Gracie!

Blu said...

Wow! What an awesome collection! I love the way you have it displayed.

Kttycat said...

Wow that's a big collection. Wish I had known you collected them. My Grandma Vivian just got rid of hers. I only took one which had a cat face on it.

CalamityJr said...

Wow! Hopefully when the tourists come back to Springfield and the shops reopen...

Denise said...

We should shower you with thimbles from around the world. Then you could have one from each of your blogging buddies!

Melanie said...

That's a great collection. Love it!

Clau said...

You have a nice collection of thimbles. Congratulations!

Whytefeather said...

I'm not the only one who has been busy! Love seeing what your doing on the other blog too :)
Your thimble collection is wonderful, I especially love the little ornate ones from Kirks Folly. Do you know, that with all of the stitching I do I don't even have one thimble! One of these days I may get around to getting one LOL!

Carol said...

What a gorgeous collection, Gracie! I just got my dear grandmother's gold thimble passed on to me by my mom and I have it right here on the shelf above my computer...

Cindy's Stitching said...

The thimbles are so pretty. I sister collects thimbles to. I have give her many over the years. You have a great collection.

Natalia said...

Great collection !! You have some real treasures in there...

Donna said...

Its great to have a collection. I do like the ornate ones. They are so cute. I have a few thimbles in my printers frame but nothing can compare to your collection. Very nice

Elisabete said...

Great collection! I like thimbles too!