Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Need the help of experts out in blog land~~~

First I am glad you like my cross stitch Santa and would like to also make him.....the good bad news is that ....
Well, many years ago, maybe late 70's/early80's, I found this patten in a magazine. I know, you are saying, --what magazine
I am replying---I do not know/remember
you are saying---why not
I am replying---it is not printed any place on the page...and no, I did not save the magazine just the pattern.

Now, how do we do this...how can I send Skully and Dawn and whoever else the pattern....jail at this time of year is out of the question. So I am very willing to share....but....how can we legally do this????? Well.......I am waiting......

3 comments:

Kttycat said...

You could always PIF (pay it forward) the chart. One person would get it and then make theirs and then they could then PIF it to the next person that wants to make it. I've seen this done on other blogs.

Crystal said...

I think I have the magazine with the santa in it, will go through my boxes of magazines later this morning, if I do I will post the name of the magazine and issue number and everything else for everybody.

Melanie said...

Hmmmm....I think I have to agree with the first commenter - you could mail the pattern to one person, then that person could send it to someone else, etc.

Personally, if I wanted to make one I would just try to design it off of some Santa pattern I already owned. Just stitch the face part from one pattern, fill in with flesh color if needed, buy an appropriate sized Styrofoam ball and hat (if you didn't want to make it from scratch) to fit it. Doesn't seem like it would take any more finishing skills than normal ornament finishes.