Wednesday, December 1, 2010

and the countdown begins~~~

It is starting to look like Christmas at the Horton's.

Just a simple tree...

                      
My cross stitch Santa has his place front and center



and my old Christmas thimble bell 

This is probably my most favorite decoration.

I made him  some time ago...
He is made from a lamp shade, an old flannel shirt from my husband Dennis, white socks from me and the best...a pair of shoes that were my son Eric's when he was a little one. He will be 38 Jan 2nd! A little bit of each of us.

8 comments:

KarenV said...

Oh, what a sweet Santa! I love how he is made from items belonging to the whole family :)

CalamityJr said...

What a great idea, making your Santa from bits from each family member. I'm sure you have many stitchers thinking, Hmmm...

Lyssa said...

That Santa is sooo cute. I wish I had the talent to make stuff like that :) I am terrible at anything besides cross stitch, and even that i am not all that great at!

Scully said...

I love the cross stitch Santa! Where can I get the chart? We all have such treasured things for xmas, don't we?

GoldenAngelsWorks said...

I love the cross stitch Santa! I also would love to know where to find it.

Kttycat said...

Aw so cute!

Melanie said...

What a sweet Santa ornament! I love it!

Olenka's Stitches said...

All your Christmas decorations are so sweet, Gracie!I love the thimble bell and your Santa doll is just so precious! It was a great idea to personalize it the way you did it.