Saturday, November 20, 2010

Cross Stitch display #2

Well, I spent quite a bit of time blog hopping to see all the displays...then remembered that I had not posted mine yet! I only have one to show, it is another JCS 2010 ornament. The Charlotte's Web Needlework, Christmas Magic. I frilled it up a little with the sheer ribbon.
I added a bead at each twist.
The backing fabric is from JoAnn's...I thought the swirls gave it  flight...
The star charm is from Blue Moon


On a new thought, I have been accepted to participate in a Winter Exchange. We have not received our partner names yet, but I am so pleased to be able to join that I am getting started. I coffee dyed the 28ct cream linen and like the way it has taken.



This beaded pouch was fun to knit. I made it some time ago and think I will make another for myself. I have given them as gifts in the past. The beads are pre-strung on Perle Cotton #8. it measures about 3 inches at the base about 2 1/2 in length. The needles are double pointed #0000, but I finished them at the top with beads to make it easier. I love the turquoise birds that I found in Rockport MA to top one pair. I have had the porcelain hands forever..


Once again, Chookyblue did a great job of gathering friends .....thank you.
Hope everyone has a wonderful Saturday...thank you for visiting..come back soon.........

11 comments:

Kttycat said...

She is beautiful!

BubzRugz said...

What lovely delicate work.... the angel and beaded purse are just lovely.... I laughed that you were so busy reading other blogs you forgot your own!!! I do that too!
Hugz

Cindi J said...

Your Christmas Angel is beautiful and I love the way you finished it off with the looped ribbon. I too love the beaded purses.

Shiree said...

what lovely work, oh so very pretty, I really like your Christmas Angel too

Chookyblue...... said...

oh Gracie she is lovely........the ribbon on the sides was a good idea too.....

Carol said...

What a beautifully delicate finish, Grace--your angel is just perfect :)

Wishing you a Happy Thanksgiving!

Lois said...

What a sweet ornament and the way you've finished this works beautifully. Love the backing fabric. Your beaded pouch is beautiful!

KarenV said...

That ornament is so pretty! It's on my to-stitch list too. Love the backing fabric you chose.

Melanie said...

Absolutely lovely!!

I found your blog from your comment on another stitchy blog - hope you don't mind. I read from your profile that you came from RI - I lived there for 30-something years too before moving to CT. (Not a big move - to be sure. But still. No matter how long I live in this state, I still feel like a RI'er!)

Olenka's Stitches said...

Gracie, Your Christmas ornament is so beautiful, I love your ribbon finish, it compliments the design so nicely!
The beaded pouch looks so stylish, an awesome job!

Patty C. said...

Wonderful angel ornament - Gorgeous finish - I love the twisted ribbon with the beads !!!!