Monday, November 8, 2010

A beautiful Monday

This is starting out to be a lovely day...cool enough to open the sliders....hearing the sound of water in the pond..the hummers flying around talking...
 
Just finished..Sampler Tree Ornament from Rosewood Manor. It is in the current issue of GOS. I used 32ct Belfast white linen and the suggested DMC floss. I used beads from my stash which are more teal.
I found a lovely white braid trim for the edge at JoAnn's.
I also like this Cathedral Quilt ornament I made...really quick and easy. It is the same on both sides. the addition of a few seed beads at the edges/sides are a nice touch.
While outdoors this morning, I discovered a bright orange Zinnia has bloomed...obviously from one of the birds stopping by the feeder..as hubby had not spread any seeds. A nice surprise!

I turned around and there was yet another Canna that has bloomed!
I love this time of year...Arizona Autumn is refreshing after the hot summer.
Well, back to stitching...glad to chat with you. Stop back soon....have a great day

10 comments:

Anneliese said...

Sehr, sehr schön!
LG Anneliese

Kttycat said...

Both ornaments are gorgeous!

Crystal said...

I love your ornaments they are both beautiful, I have the Rosewood Manor one on my to do list my daughter has made the request for it. Enjoy your beautiful weather and the gorgeous flowers I woke up to frosty ground this morning.

KarenV said...

Great pictures - I really love the first ornament!

Carol said...

Your ornaments are beautifully finished, Grace--really wonderful job on each one :)

FIONA said...

Gracie I love the Gift of Stitching one! I looked at that last week when my GOS arrived online! Now I will definitely have to stitch it! thanks for sharing!
Fiona x

Queen of Dreamsz said...

Hi Gracie,

I like your little ornament and the cathedral window too. ♥

I did nothing but counted cross stitch for about 8 years..that was back in my twenties then I wandered off into hand sewing, hand sewn piecing and quilting {and by the way I learned the cathedral quilt technique during that time}..then I became smitten with crochet pieces that I'd see in magazines and I decided to teach my "left" hand how to crochet. After a month of "round" granny squares I finally understood what the pattern was telling me to do..LOL So now...after 18 years of crocheting it still is at the top of my favorites list of things I've learned over the decades. I guess hand sewing and playing with paper are the close seconds to my crochet.

Thanks so much for coming by for a visit for Pink Saturday. I always enjoy hearing from you.

Have a wonderful day,
Stephanie ♥

Whytefeather said...

Thank you for stopping by my blog!

Lovely cross stitch and wonderful finishing on your ornaments. Thank you for sharing the photos of your flowers...what a bright spot in the day!
Take care!

Maaike said...

Hi Gracie, thank you for the lovely comments you have been posting on creJJtion! I love the white-grey shades in your christmas ornament embroidery here...

Chookyblue...... said...

lovely cross stitch.......