Friday, February 1, 2019

It's February!

Well now...a new month and new things to look forward to. What things you may ask.... warmer weather, working in the garden and more ambition. That is what I am telling myself and what I am sticking to.
I know the garden need some work... waiting for better hand days. This is what I found the other morning...someone was digging and chewed the irrigation line! It may be one of the bunnies...they love to dig shallow places to rest in. Last year there was a resting spot outside my bedroom window. I have recovered the spot but not as yet repaired the line. My hand is not nimble enough to reattach a line. This will be one of those things I mentioned. Before you think you need an eye exam...yes, the picture is blurry.
A few months ago on Facebook there were pictures of Bathroom Dolls holding toilet paper...they were available on Etsy starting at $80.00. I told my cousin Janice that as nice as they were that was a bit too much $$$$ so.... Gladys was already sitting in the bathroom …
Denny gave this sweet wooden doll to me after I had foot surgery...quite a few years ago. We found her at a fair while I was walking with crutches and had a pink terry cloth robe just like her! Don't you just love the slippers!!!!!
My second pair of Russian Leaves earrings are complete and have been dipped. This is such a nice pattern and relaxing to bead. The designer even has given permission to sell them which not many will do. My next pair will be in blue I think. Rather than buying more beads I will try to use what I have on hand.
The weather report is telling us we may be getting rain. That is okay as we need it. The temps are really enjoyable in the 60s. I may get to sit outside later today. I have my fabric strips ready for my next origami star; maybe that will get done today. I am happy that you took time to stop by today. Thank you for your kind words and for your friendship. 

7 comments:

Purple Pixie Dust said...

Your doll is cute and I love her slippers. Oh, I love those earrings. If you make me a pair in blue I will pay you for the beads and wire used. hugs

Vickie said...

What a sweet, little doll. You are quite good at the earrings now Gracie. I am sorry about the irrigation line. :(

Pink Rose said...

Hi Gracie love your beautiful doll and those earrings are gorgeous,you are very clever my friend well done,hope you also have a wonderful weekend xx

RJ said...

Gracie, I just love your wooden doll. It is so adorable. Those slippers are just perfect. You have made another set of gorgeous ear rings...great work. Have a wonderful week. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever

diamondc said...

Gracie: I totally love the doll she is adorable, Denny was so good to you.
Your earrings are beautiful.
We are finally warming up into the 40s tomorrow.

Catherine

Julie said...

Gladys is adorable.

Pittoresque said...

Gladys is adorable! You totally need to get matching slippers for yourself.