Saturday, February 2, 2019

A star for February

Busy day yesterday but I did make my February Origami Star~~~
Having all the fabric cut and ready to press and fold is great. I hope to have each month's star made within the first few days of each month. This being a short month I would like to enjoy this on display for the entire month. After this it will be added to my metal display which coincidently has12 hooks.
Amazing how much more paperwork I filled out yesterday for the upcoming surgery. First  there was the paperwork to update my old file with the surgeon and now the pre-op stuff...yes I have the date...Monday the 11th but no time yet. So it was important to get this finished as well as the earrings because use of the right hand will be limited for a time. I do have a few books waiting to be read and friend Robyn has one for me to borrow. Not sure about the typing, so the blog will  maybe sporadic. I do not baby myself so we will see what happens day to day.
We are having a cloudy day today with rain possible in a few days. Temps are not too bad...around mid 60s. It is sad to read how the monsoon and flooding are hitting Australia and the Arctic cold is making it impossible for sections of the USA.
This week I will get the lanai cleaned and ready so I can sit out there weather permitting and read. The winds have brought in many leaves and lots of dust. One of these days I will eliminate the leaves with having it screened in! I will be going to friends house later  today...details to follow tomorrow! Glad that we had a chat today. Thank you for your kind words and for your friendship.

10 comments:

Mary said...

Gracie, I love your star, did you happen to find the directions online? I would love to try my hand at one. I'll be thinking and praying for you on your upcoming surgery.

Purple Pixie Dust said...

Another great star, hope your hand gets better soon. hugs

Ele said...

Such a pretty star!
Have a relaxing weekend

Pattie davidson said...

I did finish my star for Feb. and I love it! Thanks for sharing!

Julie said...

Lovely February star.
I hope you had a lovely time with your friends today.

Pink Rose said...

Hi Gracie ,oh i love your star ,what a clever project to make,yes the floods are devastating and we are having a heat wave down the other end of Australia,crazy weather at the moment ,hope you have a wonderful day my friend xx

Heritage Hall said...

2/11 in my calendar to pray you through...it will be fine and in no
time you will be good as new.....

RJ said...

Best wishes with your surgery, Gracie. I'll be thinking about you. Your star is wonderful. Can you do a tutorial on it when you have time. I would love to make one. They are so pretty. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever

Vickie said...

Love the February heart Gracie. What are you having done with your hand?

Pittoresque said...

I love your new star, and keeping my fingers crossed for your surgery!