Monday, December 17, 2018

A Reindeer and a truck....

I thought I would never sleep last night...it was midnight and I was so awake! But, all of a sudden I guess I did and the next thing I knew it was 7 AM. A chilly start to the day but if it just may turn out to be like yesterday in the low 70s and sitting outside on the lanai may be in the plans.
Oh my friend LuLu in Rhode Island sent me an Ana Lee ornament...
Isn't he handsome.....standing about 10 inches to his antlers and nose to tail almost 7.  Lu and I worked together for a few years before I moved out here...sidekicks were and still are. I needed a bit of joy yesterday so this was delightful to open. The doorbell rang later and Robyn and Dave from "Across the courtyard" appeared
and this truck is now on the tree... and a box of chocolates! How did they know I was down to the last few pieces of my chocolates? I love this lovely ornament. First Denny liked pickup trucks. When I met him 49 years ago that was what he was driving...a rather old beat up truck. It was parked more than on the road. I was driving a new car and told him that is why we got married, so he could have my car! This simple wooden truck brightened my day.
The last of my mailed packages will arrive at their destination today so I guess that means I made it for the Christmas preparations. Hard to think it is just about a week away.
Well, coffee is finished and the day waits..... actually there are no plans for today. It was so nice to chat with you and I thank you for the kind words and for your friendship. 

8 comments:

Vicki said...

Lots of cute decor!

Vickie said...

Oh I adore those Ana Lee figures!! So very cute. And so is that truck. :) I hope today was a happy one my friend. You should be getting a Christmas card by week's end!!❤️

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

The truck is a great way to remember Denny!

Shelly said...

Cute ornaments! What great neighbors you have! Have a nice Tuesday, Gracie:)

diamondc said...

Merry Christmas Gracie: Loving the AnnaLee Deer, so cute.
That truck is precious, I am a lover of pick-up trucks.
I am happy you are having cooler weather, I remember the post from last summer when you said it was to hot to sit outdoors.
It has been 20 degrees warmer then usual here, I am loving it.

Merry Christmas
Catherine

Alan said...

nice to see all the decorations are out

butterfly said...


Lovely gifts , sorry I have not been around much this last few days ,

Lovely write up for Denny in your last post,hugs .

Pittoresque said...

What a cute reindeer! You have such great friends.