Saturday, November 17, 2018

An Elf in the garage

This crazy Arizona weather! Oh I know, many states are having crazy weather issues. One day it is quite warm here with the AC on in the car and then the next day the heater is used to get that chill out. Doors open on one day and not the next....short sleeves  then wearing the long sleeve shirt. This week should be around the low to mid 70s...but who knows. Sorry for all those who are having the early snow storms…..be careful out there!
Yesterday an Elf showed up in my garage.
There are 20 boxes here which means I would have climbed the step ladder 20 times up and then down and back up again.... well let's just say too many times. A few of the boxes are not so lightweight (but not too heavy). The phone rang with the offer to come and assist me.... and voilà! a few minutes later and ….
Thank you Glenda for coming by and lending me a hand. I will rethink my storage at the end of the holiday this year. The trees are in the lower cupboard so they are not an issue. The garage storage has already been rearranged once but I see anther day or two of moving things. I can start with putting something else up in the high cupboard and having the decorations in a more accessible spot. Yes, I think I already have it figured out. One last container to get down...the outdoor stuff and I will be ready to work after turkey day....Wow, I just looked at the calendar....Thanksgiving is Thursday!...this Thursday!!!
Yesterday was supervising the finishing of the courtyard transition from grass to rock and then I started another beaded snowflake with white and silver. Today will be washing the window to change the sheers in the living room and that will be ready for the tree placement. The laundry will soon be swishing and a second cup of coffee brewed. The Bissell and I will take a walk and the Swiffer will follow along. That is what I will be doing today....hope your day is not too busy. Nice to chat with you today....thank you for your kind words and for your friendship. 

7 comments:

Purple Pixie Dust said...

glad you had help in the garage. I am recovering from a fall off of my chair that I sit on at my computer. I had this plastic cover over the rug in front of my computer and the chair keeps slipping backwards. Well, the other night I went for a tumble and hurt myself pretty bad. I did not break anything but am in allot of pain and ache all over my body. Yesterday, well still suffering from pain I managed to get the large piece of plastic out of in front of the computer desk, vaccumed and set the chair back. I have cuts on my right toes, how I don't know. My whole body is in a state of constant pain and will be for a few more days. I have no plans to go or do anything this weekend but sit in my comfortable chair in the livingroom and stitch and watch TV. Plus we have allot of snow from another storm and Dave again has been working long hours per day thru the week to get people their hydro back on. He is aching too and he just blow the driveway and put winter tires on my car. I don't plan on going anywhere soon. Hope you have a great weekend. Bye for now hugs

Vickie said...

Holy Smokes Gracie! That is a LOT of stuff! Hope you take it easy getting all put out now.

Julie said...

That's a lot of decorations waiting for your attention. You are naughty climbing the ladder on your own ... I wonder if brother Alan gave you a telling off?

Vicki said...

So glad you had help, Gracie! I fell off the high step ladder last week decorating the hutch in our family room. I've never done that before... I hope I never do it again! No matter how I organize my Christmas decor storage, it seems as if I'm re-organizing it the next year. Haven't come up with the "perfect" solution yet...

diamondc said...

Hi Gracie: What a sweet Lady Glenda is, that is one amazing friend you have.
I have seen Christmas trees in home here for the past week and a half, for me its a bit early.
I hope you have a lovely Thanksgiving

Catherine

RJ said...

Gracie, I'm so happy to see your friendly elf Glenda was there to help you. I am not good with ladders anymore and it would be so nice to have some one there to help. Have a blessed and happy Thanksgiving. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever

Pittoresque said...

Friendly pre-Christmas elfs are just the best! I hope you had a great Thanksgiving.