Sunday, September 30, 2018

Let's have a lazy day

Just did not want to get out of bed this morning...definitely going to be a lazy day. Laundry is swishing but not much else. The weather forecast tells of rains coming  later today into the beginning of the week. Right now the sky is overcast. I took the glider and chair cushions into the lanai just in case it does rain. As much as it is welcomed it is dreaded. I hate driving in the rain and have a few things to do out of the house the beginning of the week. One I can put off until another day. The appointment for the installation of the automatic car starter is not one of them.
My stain glass rose star is finished. I was not sure about the pale lavender beads but they do show nicely with the darker color. Looking forward to making a few more. The bead shop is having a bead sale so I should get there and see what I can get. I also  purchased a patter for a Santa Star.  A different designer and it is written differently but I am sure I can figure it out. It is 11 pages ! Some of the beads I have, of course there are always beads to buy with each new project.
I also found a tutorial on making denim feathers that looked interesting and requires no sewing at all...might give that a try. So many great ideas out there. Hoping to go through more of my supplies to see what to eliminate....and where to send what I will not be needing. Some of it will be linen/linen pieces and of course patterns. My cross stitch interest has taken a back seat so why keep all the supplies. Good rainy day project for sure. On a follow up; cable is working just fine so I did cancel the appointment after all what can they do if it is working. Later today I will attempt to fix the kitchen florescent light---and yes I will be very careful. Still thinking the water filter system.
That is about it. Laundry #2 swishing while the first is whirling around the dryer. Time to watch Sherlock Holmes. So good to chat with you and thank you for your kind words and for your friendship.

8 comments:

Purple Pixie Dust said...

where are you getting all these great project ideas. I love the star and would like to make one too. be careful with the light. 11 pages is a big project. have fun what kind of linen do you have. sounds interesting. big hugs

Julie said...

Spectacular star, I love this colour combination.

Vicki said...

That star is gorgeous - I'm partial to purples and greens so the colors look awesome to me. I'm so excited at the chance of rain - I just hope it doesn't flood too bad.

RJ said...

Gracie your star is so beautiful. Love the colors that you used...just delightful. Looking forward to seeing the Santa too. Hope the rain does not get in your way for the things you want to do this week. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever

Vickie said...

Gracie! I just keep looking at that amazing star. Good for you! That is one good looking stained glass rose star! Perfect.
Now really careful with the light today, okay?
It is raining here today too. It will be for days and days.

butterfly said...

Wow love the star , it's beautiful.

diamondc said...

Hi Gracie: Love that star beaded ornament wow so pretty.
I was thinking of getting rid of some of my stitching stuff but then I would regret it.
I do hope you get a little rain and it cools down for you.
We have had rain and cold weather in the 40s to very low 50s.

Catherine

Pittoresque said...

Wow, that star looks awesome! I am very much looking forward to your Santa one.