Tuesday, October 2, 2018

A rainy day all over Arizona

We do need the rain but over the entire state all at once!? The storm off the coast of California is what is happening here in Arizona.

Gloomy morning skies are a big change from the sunshine. Rain drops cover my palm tree and fill the birdbath. Flash flood warnings are out … luckily I do not live in a flood area but there is flooding on the roadways everywhere. The news is full of pictures of the roadways and highways flooding.  I do not plan to leave the comfort of my home today. The fighter jets from Luke Air Force base are flying overhead.... rain does not keep them down. Love the sounds of rain and jets.
I will be finishing this shiny green star today. The parts were ready but I put it aside to work on the Stain Glass Rose Star. The pretty pink star was brought to mother Eva P by The Brother Alan when he returned to RI. She loves it. This will be for my tree.... yes I do try to keep some things for me. I am waiting for the beads to arrive to make a Santa star.... tracking tells me the package will arrive on Thursday. So that will be a possibility for the weekend. I also want to try those denim feathers. Of course I still have not tried removing the water system from the kitchen faucet or getting the kitchen light to work. My priorities are elsewhere.
Guess that about covers the happenings around here.....very happy to share my day with you. Thank you for stopping by and for your kind thoughts and of course thank you for your friendship.

7 comments:

Shelly said...

It's raining here too, Gracie, but unfortunately I have to go to work. I would rather stay home, stitch and be comfy. Your green star is so pretty and the Santa star will be gorgeous I'm sure. Stay high and dry!

Purple Pixie Dust said...

the green star looks so interesting. Can't wait to see it done and the Santa star too. I love the rain drops on your plants. Now the ground will be refreshed. Have a great day. hugs

RJ said...

Rain here too and we are at the beach so I hope it goes away. I love your star...you are so good at beading. Have a great day Gracie. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever

diamondc said...

Gracie: I hope the floods stay away and do not show their ugliness.
Very pretty photo of the green branch with rain drops.
I love the star is this your pattern or one you bought for the star?
I am looking forward to seeing the Santa star.

Catherine

Julie said...

I hope no one was injured in you flooding, there seems to be a lot of it about this year all over the world.
Nice star in the making.

Terri said...

Where did you get the pattern for the stars? I don't remember seeing if you posted it or not. They are very pretty!

Pittoresque said...

Love the green star. Good thing you're keeping it, us crafters need to remember to not give everything away sometimes!