Thursday, October 4, 2018

Sunrise and a ring

Somedays start good and get better.
After posting here yesterday morning I looked out my kitchen window to see a dramatic sunrise. I see them often and never tire of looking to the sky at sunrise or sunset. Then a short time later as I passed the same window....
there was Oliver enjoying his breakfast buffet of Fountain Grass along with his statue  buddy. He is so tiny... so adorable.
I went for my hairdresser appointment and came home to seeing that the mail was delivered.
Pleasant surprise that the beads from Fire Mountain arrived a day early. I may have over ordered but just did not want to run short. Since I have an appointment to have the auto starter put into the car this afternoon, I probably will not start it today....tomorrow will be just fine. The other piece of mail...
When The Brother Alan and Lisa were here we went to Scottsdale for our usual Italian meal and of course some shopping. Alan was buying this ring (Lisa on the left) and also bought a matching one (me on the right) for me. It was being sized and mailed to me. So pretty! Lucky to have such a thoughtful brother. Both of them care for me and about me....lucky am I.
So, today will be kind of boring after yesterday. So far there has been no more rain around here, but the humidity yesterday was awful. Having the starter finally is going to be a big help. Oh, and the kitchen light...finally figured how to remove the cover and the light bulb needs replacing but I could not get it out. I have not even attempted the water system yet. I think this is a weekend project! In the meantime, I will enjoy finishing my coffee and relaxing before swishing some clothes in the washer. Glad we chatted...thank you for the kind words and your friendship.

5 comments:

Vickie said...

I enjoyed the beautiful sky with you. Oliver is so sweet! What a lovely ring from your brother. I would ask your neighbor for help with that light!!

Cactusneedle said...

I wish the rain had lasted longer. I ran errands all day Monday to get them out of the way before Tuesday's expected deluge. Sprinkles off and on Monday. Just a light rain off and on all day Tuesday. I wanted more. lol The sun is back too soon, because it makes everything SO muggy! I had to finish up a paid repair job ( costumes for friends who run an old timey photo booth currently at the AZ Fair so there was a deadline) Today is laundry and cross stitch. Looking forward to seeing what you do with the beads.

Julie said...

Always nice when mail arrives early, nice beads and very pretty ring.

butterfly said...

Lovely sunset .
Oh love the little rabbit .
Your ring looks beautiful .
Hope you had a great time with your family hugs.

Pittoresque said...

Great bead haul! I can't wait to see what you'll make with those.