Tuesday, August 7, 2018

One down one to go.....


So, almost 6 am and when I went out to check the pond to see if the screening was still in place....
Yes indeed it is and working! I was able to get it in place yesterday evening and found 4 rocks to keep it from floating. It is 2 foot by 2 foot and did I mention it has sharp edges...not to worry I was careful and did not get cut. I did not even fall in....I allowed the pond to evaporate for a couple of days so I did not have to drain it. Around 3 am the winds were furious and the leaves were floating this morning. Easy to skim out. This means only monthly (maybe) I would have to wet vac the pump! I am pleased with this.
But...you knew there was a but.... the irrigation system is working but evidently I do not know how to program the start time correctly. Time to hire someone to do it and this time I will try to pay better attention with the how to part. I did what the instructions said but somehow it is not right. Yesterday the temps were around 115 and the same is expected for today. Just the few minutes I was outside "doing something" I could feel the heat ( temp is already 92) with my breathing. I keep telling everyone that I am delicate. While the leaves and such were blowing in the wind....makes me think of Bob Dylan... I also thought about the rain gutters....I probably need to check them for debris. I have yet to try to replace the smoke detectors...got my work cut out for me. In the meantime, glad we had a visit and thank you for your kind words and encouragement. Your friendship means so very much to me. 

7 comments:

Vicki said...

We arrived back home yesterday after a week of traveling. No damage at our house, but the area around us has lots of downed trees. My neighbor from several houses down came over to ask me if the green plastic (very large) pot that blew into her yard was mine. It was. Don't know how it got to her house when it was upside down in our back side yard, but it did!

butterfly said...


Sounds like the irrigation is working ok .
So enjoy inside and keep well out of the heat .
HUGS,

Debbie said...

Great work with the pond!

Take care outside in that heat. Back inside where it's cooler!

Annie with the ducks said...

Has your brother Alan mentioned how HOT and HUMID it is here in the northeast! Except for the humidity we are having an Arizona day-in the 90s already in the morning. Real Feel Temp is over 100. thank goodness for AC! Don't be crazy and overdo your work in the garden. Have a cool drink and do some stitching-that's what i'm going to do today.

Terri Patillo said...

Funny you should mention Bob Dylan -- I'm taking Happy Husband to see him in concert!

Purple Pixie Dust said...

I think it's humid all over. Take care and stay out of the heat.hugs

Pittoresque said...

Good job making progress with the pond. Please continue to not fall in!