What was I thinking...well I know what I was doing. Last evening we had another storm....winds ...rain...thunder and of course the lightening. So, I barricaded myself in the bedroom where I can almost completely block out the lightening. The winds rattled everything out in the garden that was not cemented down. So this morning I went out to find and organized the landscape. Filled another trash bag with debris and some tree clippings for pick up tomorrow. There, I feel better about that. I was thinking ...I know sometimes I do not...before going out so I wrapped an ice cold bandana around my neck, had a full cup of iced water and my phone in pocket. I keep a wet bandana or two in plastic sandwich bags in the refrigerator so that when it is hot they are at the ready. It came in handy yesterday when Dianna was here. We took apart the small gazebo and stuffed it into her Kia Soul...off to her back yard now. Then we took down the home theater screen from the living room. As hot as it was we did not feel too bad.
Look at this cutie. Dianna brought her to me and although she isn't really southwest, she is sitting on the shelf next to my computer where I am greeted by her each day. She is holding basil from my garden and when it dries it will hand down from the pot she is holding. Dianna has a duplicate of her....we do share several pieces of identical things. Dianna always thinks of me. We are sisters from different mothers!
Now about the pond. this is just a temporary set back. This pond is important to me and my garden. I probably did not re-attach the tubing tightly enough....the way Don did. I cannot and will not leave it empty...cannot take it apart as it is cemented, built into the ground and attached to the wall. I would not want to have an empty pond. When sitting outside it is a delightful sound listening to the waterfall trickle down. The birds and lizards depend upon it of their water and baths. I depend upon it for relaxing sounds. When we moved here 13 years ago Dennis put a lot of work into getting it operating... it was a thing of pride to him. Many nights The Brother Alan and Lisa enjoy sitting out there with a glass of wine and hearing the sounds.... I do too. So, yes it would be simple to just let it go, but no, I can not....I need it. Now that I can empty it in minutes since I found the sump pump! it is not difficult. Over the weekend I will get it back to running. Thank you for visiting...thank you for the kind words and for your friendship.
Look at this cutie. Dianna brought her to me and although she isn't really southwest, she is sitting on the shelf next to my computer where I am greeted by her each day. She is holding basil from my garden and when it dries it will hand down from the pot she is holding. Dianna has a duplicate of her....we do share several pieces of identical things. Dianna always thinks of me. We are sisters from different mothers!
Now about the pond. this is just a temporary set back. This pond is important to me and my garden. I probably did not re-attach the tubing tightly enough....the way Don did. I cannot and will not leave it empty...cannot take it apart as it is cemented, built into the ground and attached to the wall. I would not want to have an empty pond. When sitting outside it is a delightful sound listening to the waterfall trickle down. The birds and lizards depend upon it of their water and baths. I depend upon it for relaxing sounds. When we moved here 13 years ago Dennis put a lot of work into getting it operating... it was a thing of pride to him. Many nights The Brother Alan and Lisa enjoy sitting out there with a glass of wine and hearing the sounds.... I do too. So, yes it would be simple to just let it go, but no, I can not....I need it. Now that I can empty it in minutes since I found the sump pump! it is not difficult. Over the weekend I will get it back to running. Thank you for visiting...thank you for the kind words and for your friendship.
7 comments:
Smart idea on the bandanas, I should put some in the freezer for my husband. He does yard work as early as possible on Sat, but in consideration of our neighbors, he can't start as early as he'd like.
Very cute little girl from Diana!
Love the little girl. I should get some bandanas and do that for my honey on weekends too when he cuts the lawn. good idea. relax and enjoy the rest of your day. hugs
Oh my. I love that little girl that Dianna gave you. So sweet.
Your little girl is precious! I love her. I can understand your attachment to the pond. It is very special to you. Keep up the good work! 💞
Aah your little girl is so sweet. What a lovely and thoughtful gift. I like your idea about the bandanas. Will give it a try. I can see why your pond is so special...you are very special too. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever
What a lovely little girl so sweet .
How thoughtful .
I understand why the pond is important for you...both emotionally and for the comfort of water sounds. Good thing you're also thinking about the critters in your garden! I hope you'll get all the issues figured out soon.
Post a Comment