The irrigation seems to be back on track. I did go to Ace Hardware and one of the guys suggested that I try hardware cloth...which is a galvanized mess for the pond. So the plan is to allow water to evaporate these next few days and with the heat is not difficult. The temp will be around 112 for a couple of days and then by Wednesday to the end of the week possible storms again. Ideally it would be good to get this mess in place before that. Again they say we are in a heat advisory...like we do not know this?! Once the water is low I should be able to get this in place..... without falling in.
The magazines eliminated from my collection are now up to 19.... this covers beading, quilting and cross stitch. I had already started on patterns and leaflets so this is an accomplishment for sure. Still have more to peruse. Problem is that I start looking and then reading something and before I know it I have taken too much time.
I have a quick 2 errands then I hope to have need in hand or maybe the shuttle.... it has felt good not to think that I have to be doing something. Relaxing is good for the soul as well as the hand.
I do need to trim back the Firecracker and Memory bush but unless I can get out there at 6 am it is not going to happen. I borrowed Don's long handle trimmer. Saw one in Ace that I may purchase. Dennis would just use the ladder and we know that I cannot nor will I get on the ladder. They have reached around 8 feet in height. The winds have picked up as they seem to do each evening sounding the chimes and buoy bell. Too bad it is hot air. With that I will say adios. Nice to have a chat with you. Thank you for your kind words and for your friendship.
Are you keeping count? There are 44 days until The Brother Alan and Lisa are here.....
The magazines eliminated from my collection are now up to 19.... this covers beading, quilting and cross stitch. I had already started on patterns and leaflets so this is an accomplishment for sure. Still have more to peruse. Problem is that I start looking and then reading something and before I know it I have taken too much time.
I have a quick 2 errands then I hope to have need in hand or maybe the shuttle.... it has felt good not to think that I have to be doing something. Relaxing is good for the soul as well as the hand.
I do need to trim back the Firecracker and Memory bush but unless I can get out there at 6 am it is not going to happen. I borrowed Don's long handle trimmer. Saw one in Ace that I may purchase. Dennis would just use the ladder and we know that I cannot nor will I get on the ladder. They have reached around 8 feet in height. The winds have picked up as they seem to do each evening sounding the chimes and buoy bell. Too bad it is hot air. With that I will say adios. Nice to have a chat with you. Thank you for your kind words and for your friendship.
Are you keeping count? There are 44 days until The Brother Alan and Lisa are here.....
5 comments:
Well done with the magazine sorting! It is so easy to get looking as one sorts and an hour slips away.
Relaxing is good for the soul.....we don't give ourselves the ok to do this as often as we should.
Take care of yourself in the heat.
Gracie! May I ask if you are giving the old JCS Christmas issues to anyone? May I buy them from you my friend? I am willing to pay postage. I think there is a flat rate box? Let me know my friend. Thank you!
I often spend time looking at old mags , which I should put into my stitching but a change is better than a rest sometimes hugs.
Great job of sorting out extra things. I should be doing the very same thing. Ace seems to always give good advice..great service. I like rest is good for the soul. So have a restful week. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever
Great job sorting out magazines! I'm very bad at letting things go.
Post a Comment