Thursday, January 18, 2018

Lovely Mary Snowflake

Just a quick post...the morning has passed me by! I have a doctor appointment and will be leaving shortly but I wanted to show off Mary
the newest snowflake (from Jennifer Williams book).  A little tricky at first, but once I got the pattern established it was not bad. I would like to make one with gold beads. it still needs starching to add the stiffness that it needs.
The Doves are starting to spend the nights in the garden and as of today they have switched where they will construct their home. First one planter then the other and this morning back to the clock. Don't know what the issue is because the lease amount is the dame for all the garden. I hate to disturb them when they are here busy, so I will go out to check on things later this afternoon. The temps are cool this morning and are going to jump back to the mid 70s.
The A/C unit is still making the humming (loudly) noise....guess that will be a call to make....again. I do not seem to be getting anywhere with this problem.
Well, hate to shoo you off,   cut this short, but I have to drive about half an hour to the appointment so best get a move on. Thank you for your kind words and your friendship.

10 comments:

Purple Pixie Dust said...

Love your Mary snowflake.hugs

linb54 said...

sorry about your friend. lovely snowflake! hug.

Shelly said...

Hope the appointment goes well. Love your comment on the lease being the same in the whole garden. Those doves sure show us that life goes on, doesn't it, despite whatever hardships happen. Safe travels on those crazy highways in the Valley!

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Mary turned out beautifully! I need to try tatting it again with beads. I hear doves in the summer, but I've never seen one. I'm not a very good bird watcher. Robins are easily visible, as are cardinals and finches. I hear the sounds of other birds, but seldom catch a glimpse of them. Maybe I will be more intentional this year. I hope your appointment went well!

Chookyblue...... said...

Looks so delicate......

butterfly said...


What a pretty snowflake , what a talent you have. Hugs .

Pittoresque said...

What a pretty snowflake. I hope the doves can settle for one spot soon!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

The snowflake is lovely with the beads.
Maybe the doves can't decide if they want the sun in the morning or the evening?

Julie said...

Very delicate and pretty

Rose Marie said...

Beautiful snowflake. So delicate!
Good luck at your Dr appointment. Your garden is so pretty, the doves can't decide where to nest.
Sometimes I comment and it doesn't publish. Hope you get this.