Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Seven Angels

I really need a push sometimes. Yesterday I finished the seven angels.... Denny's Angels

that is  a total of 9; one for me and Dianna has one and these will finds homes and I will continue to make several more. As much work as they are, I enjoy making them and each one is a reminder that Denny suggested this project back in March. There was a sprinkle of rain early last evening but no storm. The temps are not too bad low to mid 100's but this monsoon humidity is unpleasant. Today I will be meeting Dianna for lunch or a late breakfast-- all depends on when the air conditioning guy arrives and leaves. Should be a simple fix. I was too lazy to vac the pond this morning...or was I just making excuses? Actually no, I woke at 3 am but dozed on/off and decided to get up around 6 and by the time I had coffee and toast, well I got lazy. Still hoping to relocate them to another abode.
Today the word is Thankful.

To be honest, I was miserable stitching this word. What was I to be thankful for? Here  I was stitching this at Denny's bedside while he was dying. Then I relaxed my mind to better times. I was and am thankful for all the years we spent together. Denny's favorite holiday was Thanksgiving. A gathering time without gifts. A time to enjoy being together.  He once told me that he was thankful for meeting me and that I married him. The crocheted trim with the pearl beads was a practice piece when I was learning the stitch. He said it would look good someplace on the banner. I was the thankful one for meeting him and lucky that he married me. He took such an interest in all that I did. I know he will continue to watch all that I do.
Wonderful to have time to chat with you. Thank you for the kind words and most of all for your  friendship. Let's have a good day.

13 comments:

stitchersanon said...

It is really hard sometimes to think of that word, Thankful. When life is really hard, and black and tough, what on earth do we have to be thankful for? I'm having a tough time too, and someone suggested to me yesterday, that instead of the anger and fear, I look at the things that made life bearable. Yes, I'm going through a terrible time, it's scary and hard, but you know what, I have friends and people around who are caring for me, helping me and seeing me through this, right to the end. And so I too am trying to be more 'thankful'. I am so sorry for your loss and the pain you are going through. Thank you though, for such a thoughtful post. I hope you have angels around, helping you.

Janice said...

Thankful doesn't come natural by nature when we lose a loved one but if we believe the Bible we have to take all of it's verses of promises of healing in FAITH....praying you will find new strength daily. Enjoy your visit with your friend ❤

Lynda Ruth Bowers said...

I am thankful that I now have my heart fixed and can enjoy life again. I know how much you miss him, but he is still with you. I love your angels so sweet. hugs

butterfly said...


Oh yes Thankful is a good word , so many wonderful happy years gracie with your Denny.
You have such lovely memories , in time you will smile at the happy times you had together,
More and more lovely Angels , when you hear a bell ring another Angel gets his/her wings .
Sending hugs and kisses.

Julie said...

Today I am thankful for a friend who provided tea, cake and listening ear... the {hug} she gave me was even better.
Thankful that I found your blog too xx

Vickie said...

Dear Gracie, I am thankful for marriages like yours and Dennis'. You are something making all those angels. So very pretty. Denny agrees.

Ann at Beadlework. said...

Thankful is a good word Grace, it's thought provoking as it makes you think of all the things you have to be thankful for. Take care.

LindaLee said...

Gracie. It sounds like Denny was a strong man, and yet kind and so thoughtful. Sounds like he loved you dearly indeed. You work is always beautiful, and the angels so sweet

Vicki said...

It can be hard to find thankfulness in times of trouble, but it's good to look for it because there's always something to be thankful for. I love the crocheted beads - very delicate and pretty.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Those angels are wonderful, I am glad that you are keeping one for yourself too.
You and Mr H had so many good years together and that is something to be thankful for. I am thankful that I married my husband in our 40s and have been married ten years and counting!

Brigitte said...

Thankful is a good word, and even when you think there is nothing to be thankful for things and people come to mind and the word gets its meaning.
Gracie, your angels are wonderful and I'm sure they will all find a lovely new home.

Leonore Winterer said...

Being thankful isn't easy in hard times, but we always need to remember that losing something means we were lucky enough to have it in the first place. The crochet border on this one is so precious!

Kerryp77 said...

The angels are lovely and it is great that you are making one for you too. take care Gracie.