Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Trying to stay srtong

I must say that these monsoon storms are really rattling me. Last night we had not signs of any and that was fine by me. When Denny was here he enjoyed the storms and I always thought if something happens he is here. The winds during the monsoon season are quite strong and the area around me had some tree branch losses and even half of a large tree came down across the way from me.

The drain from the new air conditioner has actually moved about 8 inches so they will be out Wednesday morning to check it. The yellow arrow is where it was and the red where it is now. Today it is very humid so the pond vacuuming will have to wait until early tomorrow morning. Inside tasks: the kitchen floor washed, the laundry done , oven on self clean and the house plants watered. Just need to check on the Lantana in the backyard. With all the rain it may not need any water today.
Today the word is  Strong.
To the very end Denny was so strong. He wanted me to be strong and although basically I am a strong person, it is difficult to be so now.  It seems everyone tells me how strong I am. I just received a card and note from a former employer which took me by surprise. We have not spoken or seen each other for almost 16 years. She wrote "You have always been a strong woman", thank you Mrs P. for thinking of me. The yellow rose there in the picture is for me from me to Denny. I love yellow roses and he always gave them to me. A simple border of lace along the top of the word because being strong does not mean you can not be soft too. Denny was strong but a softy....
It is great to visit with you. Thank you for the kind words and your friendship. Let's have a good day.

PS there are a few of you that I do not have your email so I can respond to your comments....I do not have Google+ ... if you do, please send me your email.... 

12 comments:

Tiffstitch said...

You're doing very well. You're getting up every day and doing daily tasks. You are strong, but being strong doesn't mean you can't be soft and gentle as well. And no one can be strong all the time. Treat yourself with kindness too.

Take care.

butterfly said...

gracie you are a strong lady , I can be sometimes then other times I am not .
Maybe I would lean to be one day.
Have a good day hugs.

Donna Golby said...

Grace you are amazing and an inspiration. My husband passed away 3 years ago and I still struggle to even do the most basic tasks.
Take care

Ann at Beadlework. said...

Don't be too hard on yourself Grace, I agree with the other comments. Being strong can be interpreted in so many ways and just doing simple things by yourself is being strong.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Your greatest strength is knowing when to seek help from others. You have so many people who love you and are willing to support you.

Vickie said...

Yellow roses are pretty, aren't they? The first color roses Brian gave me were yellow when we were friends and I had my tonsils taken out when I was a teenager.
I hope you have a safe, quiet night Gracie.♥

Rose Marie Della Ventura said...

You are stronger than you think. Doing a great job taking care of everything. But, you have to let yourself grieve also. One day at a time Gracie. 💕

Vicki said...

The rose is pretty and I like the contrast of the delicate lace border with the strength of the word!

Shelly said...

I agree with Rose above. You don't have to be strong all the time. Sit down and have a good cry, let the pond go for a day. If the only thing you get done in a day is write a blog post, that is something! These are your small victories and take them to heart. Enjoy your lunch with Dianna. Here's my email since I don't have an email attached to my blog-azcampis@yahoo.com. Take care, Gracie. We're listening!

Julie said...

It's early days still Grace, perhaps the strength comes knowing that we are all walking this pathway with you, having you in our hearts and thoughts and prayers. Perhaps with your connections to the American Indians and items you have around the home as I have read in the past on your blog you have absorbed the teachings they give to others.
much love x

Leonore Winterer said...

I don't think you can be strong without being soft and kind as well - it's like to sides to the same coin!

Brigitte said...

I agree with all the other commenters - strong and soft are no opposites. Be strong when you need to be, and soft when you need to be. You are doing everything right, Grace.