Wednesday, April 12, 2017

The day can only get better....right?

Not the best start to any day....woke at 3 am and promptly spilled a glass of water all over my nightstand and the rug. Dear Mr H quickly came to sop up the mess. Off to the kitchen where I made a cup of tea for both of us and easily spilled the milk over the counter and floor...again Mr H came to help clean it up...as I stood there and began to cry! Silly me.... in my craziness I added sugar to the tea which meant I had to toss that out (too sweet) and now onto a glass of Gatorade. My knee is cracking but that its alright as I will be getting my last (of three) injections this morning. Waiting for the sun to rise and brighten my day.
Will not be too long before I will be picking tomatoes again from our garden. There are 10 more stating to ripen. and the flowers are looking great as is this
Crown of Thorns which is full and lovely. An update on the Mourning Doves....the parents are spending more time out of the nest and the 2 kids reach up and flex their wings so it will not be too much longer before the fly off. Can this be the last for a while? I did some, but very little on Alice....
Shamefully, not really much to show. But, as I have just picked up my new eyeglasses with the new prescription it should be less tiring to stitch on the 32 count linen.  I managed to tat a new ornament...
It should be round but I was unable to get it to be so, so here it is in a different form and I like it. I am trying it again and maybe it will be round! It really lends nicely  to this shape though. I mailed one package for Easter and tracking tells me it arrived safely....well my dear friends, I really need to have a cup of fresh ground hot coffee....I do believe the dropsies have ended. Thank you for stopping by and for the kind words and of course your wonderful friendship. Have a good day.
I am officially in countdown to The Brothers Alan's visit...arriving May 9th. 

13 comments:

Tiffstitch said...

Yikes. I hope your day improves. I've definitely had those days as well when you wonder if you should go back to bed.

butterfly said...


Poor gracie , we all get days like this, hope things get better .
My tomatoes are just starting to show some flowers, so a long time to wait .
Hugs & xxx

muskaan said...

Hope your day improved in leaps and bounds .
That tatted ornament is superb ! Love the shape -- reminds me of a mid-eastern lamp. You could start a new trend with these :-)

Vickie said...

I hope your day turned around Gracie. Here is a BIG hug for you!!♥

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Oh dear! I think Mr H needs to make all the drinks from now on!
Alice is taking shape and the tatted ornie looks lovely too even if it turned out different to the initial plan.

Julie said...

Oh dear, hope your day went well after it's not so good start.
Beautiful tatting, it always looks so pretty to me.

I am said...

Sending you a big hug Gracie i hope your day improves,your work is beautiful.

Lesley said...

Hope your day got better as it went on and your new glasses enable you stitch more easily on the lovely design you are doing.

Astrids dragon said...

I hope today is better for you, with no more spills!
Your ornament is lovely, I like it's unique shape.

diamondc said...

Hi Gracie: Love the new ornament, it is lovely.
I hope you have no more spills, I have been there it happens when I am tired once in a while.
I hope your injections are working.
Alice looks good, even a few stitch's a day help.
Yum fresh tomatoes from the garden, you are so lucky, it is still chilly here.

Blessings
Catherine

Brigitte said...

Don't we all know this kind of day? At least I do. What you need in these situations is a caring partner - like Mr H :)))

cucki said...

oh dear..sending you big beary hugssssssssssssssssssss
love cucki x

Leonore Winterer said...

Oh my, what a way to wake up...I hope your day turned out better after that!