Saturday, April 15, 2017

At 3 O'Clock in the morning-------

Yes, I was up and awake once again in the early hours....so of course I must be doing something right?
Another Sun -catcher for the window....or....this time  with a variegated light green and green glass gem in the center. I did manage to doze off once this was finished so now I am ready for the day. A visit to Petco is the plan because we have an addition to the Horton House..... I would have liked a puppy, but not happening so how about
we are adding an aquarium.... a 15 gallon. Years ago we had one and very much enjoyed the sound of the water and the gentle gliding of fish. This has a day light and an evening light. We will be adding a backing to the glass and maybe one other hiding feature for the new residents.  I had the glass shells and starfish as well as the real clam shell. Yesterday I decided to make something new for the front entrance outside wall...
just a simple 8 x 10 frame without the glass or backing and the addition of some flowers and sphagnum moss. Hopefully the birds will not decide to rest here or pick the moss from here. Time will tell I guess. Speaking of birds, the Mourning Doves are once again trying to convince the last baby to leave home. I do think today will be the day as it sat on the edge of the planter on/off yesterday. Could we finally be finished with nesting at Horton House? Mr H would not mind it if it is so. Beginning to be a maternity ward here. I forgot to tell you, my blood pressure has been down considerably....and I am feeling less tired. Still missing my coffee during the day, but the caffeine withdrawal headaches are over now. My thumb was doing nicely until I seem to have another small cut on it....have no idea when or how, but I need my thumb! Always something around here. Still trying to find someone to install the kitchen faucet...I just may be attempting this one. Guess the job is too small and since I already have the parts, well, they probably know they really can not charge high cost to the job. I found 2 more people to call before getting under the sink! It is going to be a beautiful weather weekend but we will not be doing any Easter egg hunting with our ailments, so the hard boiled  (not colored) eggs are in the fridge. and the tatted ones on the display branch. That about covers it dear friends. Glad you had some time to visit. Thank you so much for your kind words and caring about us here at Horton House. Than you for your friendship. Have a wonderful day.

11 comments:

Lynda Ruth Bowers said...

Have a happy Easter, hugs Lynda Ruth I too love fish

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

The aquarium looks lovely. It will give you something to watch in the middle of the night!
Love the 3D floral picture too.

Vickie said...

Yes, I got excited at the mention of Petco!! I understand about not getting another puppy I suppose. The fish will be very nice. The floral arrangement is very pretty Gracie. Happy Easter!

Brigitte said...

I love the frame with the moss and the flowers that you created. And good to read that your blood pressure is down. But I can hear that you still miss your coffee, lol. But I have been there, too, for different reasons ...
Have a Happy Easter!

cucki said...

so sweet...
happy easter.
love x

Shelly said...

Happy Easter! A fish tank makes a nice addition with the glow and the water sounds. I need my sink replaced too and have found YouTube videos on how to do it but I'm just scared and I need a few tools. Add to that bad knees and bad eyesight. Have a nice day, you and Mr. H.

Cindy's Stitching said...

You are so talented Gracie. Love the sun catcher. A new aquarium, how nice. Happy Easter

Julie said...

Always something lovely to see when I visit you Gracie, the flower arrangement is beautiful and I love your sun catcher.

Earmold Sydney said...

good blog
Motorcycle Ear Plugs , Musicians Earplugs

Leonore Winterer said...

An aquarium, that is such a fun addition to the household!

Alan said...

If it can wait i will instsll the faucet. Ill be there soon