Monday, April 17, 2017

New tenants and project

I had a relaxing and quiet weekend. On Saturday the new tenants for the Aquarium moved in,,,

I forgot their names but we have 2 of each. So far they seem to approve of the swimming area and the hiding spots. I know the picture is not too clear, but it is the best I could do with glare and such. I added a backing to the tank which reflects a blue ocean and coral, looks better than the wall.  The soft sounds of the water bubbling are really nice. I did some tatting...
With this bauble I did use a balloon to round the shape. The "gems" are lovely bronze beads and bronze crystals. Not sure if I prefer the squashed version or this rounded look....what do you think.  I think these will look pretty on my tatted trees this Christmas.  While visiting blog for the Easter Blog Hop, I found one that had some lovely work and a pattern that was for a Victorian Thread Bag. It had been a freebie but when I went to search for it, it was not found. I emailed Sheryl from Sewing After Seven and she looked and found her copy and kindly emailed it to me.



Traditionally it would be crocheted using white or ecru thread, but I wanted a more modern look so I started mine with Aunt Lydia's Ocean size 10. I think it will be nice to use while tatting to keep the ball from going here and there and also clean. Seems strange to be crocheting! I do like to vary what I make.  Sometimes I am my own worse problem child. I want to do so many things and try so many things that I give me myself and I a headache!  Of course since my blood pressure is still a good number, we will do nothing to cause stress or a headache.
this sweet vase is so cheerful on our table. Bright yellow tulips and orange daisies....absolutely glowed for Easter. I must tell you...Mr H found that the Doves were back in the planter on Saturday but guess they decided that his stares through the kitchen window were enough to have them move on...we think! One week has passed and the countdown continues to the arrival of The Brother Alan----3 weeks to arrival! Not sure of the plans but I do know he will have some ideas. Hopefully Mr H will feel up to some outings. The important thing is that we spend time together whether out and about or here at Horton House. Soon I will vacate some of my sewing/craft belongings from the front bedroom (sewing room) and turn it into a proper room for the visitors. So happy that you had time to stop by. It has been nice chatting with you today; thank you for the kind words and most of all your friendship. Have a wonderful day.

14 comments:

Vickie said...

I do believe you have some platys? If so, that will be fun if you have a boy and a girl. They give birth to little baby fish, not eggs. We had those when the kids were little.

Chookyblue...... said...

like your new tenants.........

Mouse said...

awwww love your new tenants ... the sound of a tank is very soothing isn't it ... love all your tatting projects and the bag looks very interesting ... :) love mouse xxxxxx

Lynda Ruth Bowers said...

What kind of fish are they. Very interesting. I plant to get a small aquarium too. Not sure what kind of fish yet. love your tatting. I like the round one the best and pretty flowers. big hugs Lynda Ruth

diamondc said...

Hi Gracie: Your new tenants are sweet, I am sure they like their home.
Love your tatting the beads add such elegance.
Beautiful flowers.

Blessings
Catherine

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Glad that the new fish have settled into their home.
The tatted ornie looks lovely. I am glad that you found something else to tempt you on the blog hop too!

Julie said...

Your fish look right at home in their new surroundings.
Pretty crochet, you are so talented Gracie.
Love the delightful new tatted ornament, what a beauty that one turned out to be.

Earmold Sydney said...

great post
Ear Plugs for Sleeping, Ear Plugs for Swimming

Sheryl S. said...

Beautiful bauble with the beads and crystals and I like the yarn you have chosen for the Victorian thread holder, lovely.

cucki said...

i love your post so much...
love your tatting..
sending you love and hugs x

Lesley said...

I hope your new tenants are well settled in.I love the gentle sound of bubbling water,so soothing.
Your ornament is very pretty and I love the colours in Aunt Lydia's Ocean.

Astrids dragon said...

Those look like big tenants! I love the bubbling sound.
I love the colours you're using, so pretty.

Tiffstitch said...

Nice new fish and love the flowers too! I like the rounded look of the tatting very much and good luck with the thread bag.

Leonore Winterer said...

Gorgeous new fish, I'm glad they seem to be happy in your tank! I like the crochet start, the colours are lovely and it will be so useful too!