Thursday, April 20, 2017

Dissatified tenant!

Well, there you go. You offer a safe home free room and board one of the tenants decides to up and die move out. There are plenty of fish in the ocean and it was not long before
a velvety black molly moved in. So far the others like him and all is well. There is one problem though------when you pass by the tank (it is in a pass way out of the living room to he kitchen) they all swim to the front waiting for food! How did they learn this so quickly? Do not even think of stopping to look for a second they really put on a show.  I must say, this isn't the puppy I thought about but it is certainly very soothing when I am feeling a bit stressed. Of course I do keep my hands and some sort of needle together and this is what me myself and I with the crochet hook have done....
oh right, you expected a variegated lovely blue lavender...change of plans. I just did not think I would like the busy colors and the delicate pattern. So, this is the first one....
I added a couple of tatted dragonflies and voila....I love it. The pattern confused me in a couple of places (my mind is not as it once was!) so I adapted it to make sense to me. I also reinforced the wrist band so it will stretch out less. This will make a nice gift .....or two.  I just went out to water the garden and it is a bit hot out today...the news predicts out first triple digit on Sunday. I noticed a couple of tomatoes that are just about ready for a salad.  Plans for the rest of the day are just to relax...that is what I am saying. No needle in hand no creative juices just relaxing. As always it is so nice to spend time with you. Thank you for the kind words and for your wonderful friendship. Enjoy your day.
Counting the days.......

9 comments:

diamondc said...

Hi Gracie: We used to have a fish tank, I found if I was having a bad hair day (not really the hair) I would watch the fish swim and entertain me, they are amazing.
Mmmmm fresh tomato's yummy.
Love your new design, did you put elastic in for the wristband?

Blessings
Catherine

butterfly said...


I loved my fish tank and would sit there for many hours , sadly no more , one of my GC had the tank off us it ws a big one ,and it needed so much time to keep it clean but I did love it for many years.
Lovely tatting work.

Lesley said...

Watching fish (that get along) is soothing,for me its the gentle gliding through the water that does it,
I love your addition of the tattd dragonflies and beads,very pretty.I hope you have a relaxing weekend Gracie.

Janice said...

Watching fish is very therapeutic. It's soothing like sitting g by a fire or watching the ocean.....
I love when you share all your projects with us. You have such talent ♡

cucki said...

yes watching fish is very therapeutic...i love it so much.
i love you dear friend and all your projects.
sending you love and smiles x

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

We used to have fish in our shop but they had to go live on a farm! Or that's what I tell people when they ask where they have gone.
Nice work on the tatted dragonflies.

Alan said...

I am counting the days also

Julie said...

Pretty crochet/tatting you whipped up, such a talented lady you are.

Leonore Winterer said...

I'm sad to hear about one of your fish 'moving out', but their new roommate looks like a lot of fun too! Great crochet, I like the new colour.