Thursday, April 6, 2017

Hello...I forgot to post!

Not that I am that busy, but I am definitely loosing time and some of my mind. I tat, stitch and sit. On the good news front, my blood pressure is coming down! I am only having 1-2 cups of coffee a day instead of 4 and no added salt.( most of the time) My 2nd injection on my knee went well yesterday with some soreness today so I wore my beautiful leg brace when I went to needlework group this morning and for a few errands. Rubbed the jell medication in and feeling pretty good right now. I forgot to post a lovely scented gift...
Sweet cousin Janice sent me homemade soap and it smells divine. I want to tell you about the "box" it came in. Last week I sent her a tatted sun catcher and could not find a suitable box and then saw this sandwich storage container in the dollar store...perfect size! So when Janice sent me the soap I got it back...I think this may be our new mailing box!! I am not one for saving so soon this will be in my soap dish for daily use. I love homemade soaps and buy them often. A nice surprise on Tuesday...the tatting group leader asked if they could put my pink tatted egg in the Spring display window....of course I said. Did I mention that we are replacing the kitchen faucet? Well, it is bought but I am trying to find someone to install as Dennis can no longer get down under a sink. The first guy wanted $250 (I have the faucet), the second guy wanted $169 (I have the faucet), just got an email for the 3rd guy and he "thinks" maybe $75- 100 (I have the faucet) I am very tempted to do this me, myself and I but figure I would have to do this in the middle of the night while you know who is asleep, and I am guessing I would run into a problem. Oh, I did managed to change the filters for the drinking water...of course I messed the the hot water flow, could not get the water to flow into the drinking faucet, but in the end I fixed it all. Soon, I will be changing the refrigerator filters...I promise to keep the yelling down. Now today I could not get my printer to copy 2 sheets of paper to one...I have done this before but it is not working today! I am taking a mental vacation for at least the rest of the day. Sorry for the rant today, but thank you for the kind words and most of all your friendship. Have a good day....my feet are going up and my recliner back!
A pretty bloom from the garden

10 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

Glad the love of feeling better...... Take care.....

shirley flavell said...

I think you are brave even thinking of changing a faucet. I wouldn't know how. I too love soaps I store cakes of it in my linen cupboard until I'm ready for a new cake. It smells lovely when I open the cupboard door. Your tatting from the previous post photos look beautiful.

Unknown said...

If you lived close by I would send my son to install your faucet give him $2o for gas a couple of ham n cheese sandwiches a handful of chips glass of milk & a few chocolate chip cookies & he's happy. He helps out our neighbors when he can so I know he help you too you'll​ be in our prayers for some one to help you too! blessings, Baa

butterfly said...

So happy you are feeling better and your BP is down.
I know the price of things to be done is so exspensive .
If you can do them your self great .

Vickie said...

The exchange between you cousins sounds lovely. :) I am so glad your knee is improving. Such a pretty flower you have there.

diamondc said...

Hi Gracie: I sometimes think contractors like to rip people off.
Do you have a technical school near you? If so call and ask if a student can come and install the faucet.
Love handmade soaps, they always smell so good.
I am so happy to hear your blood pressure is coming down.

Blessings
Catherine

Brigitte said...

Good to know that your knee and your blood pressure are improving.

Julie said...

A lovely treat in you returned box - I wonder what the box will contain on its next voyage?
So pleased to read your BP is reduced.
Hope you got the problems with the waterworks sorted.

Astrids dragon said...

Cheers to your health!
What a fun thing to do sending the "box" back and forth, especially handmade soap, my favourite!

Leonore Winterer said...

What a lovely soap! I not often use bar soap, so when I'm given fancy soap I usually just put them in some drawer to make my clothes smell nice.