Wednesday, March 8, 2017

A beautiful day in the neighborhood

The sliders are open, the birds are chatting and the baby Mourning Doves are fluttering in the nest. We picked our first tomato
just love fresh picked tomatoes. There are several more almost ready..
Love this time of year for tomatoes and my herbs are still looking good. Some of the flowers are returning and things are beginning to look like Spring/Summer....in Arizona we almost skip Spring. Today and most of this week the temps are expected to be in the low 80s. Mr H and I sat outside for a game of Farkle yesterday.  Today I will hopefully get to sit out and tat for a bit. This new book and thread arrived
Handy Hands included a free gift, a handkerchief to tat. It has been ages but I just may tat around this one. I used to crochet them. The thread is for the broaches . I did not have size 40.  Love the mail delivery and today another order will arrive with thread, clear cabochons and a new cutting tool. Here is what I made yesterday...
This angel is about 2 inches and I think I will make it a bit larger, but of course I will have to get the thread as I do not (of course) have the size I need. Always needing something! I would like to make some for ornament gifts. This is a good size for a card. Gee, I guess I will have to go to Jo Ann's or Hobby Lobby.....in the meantime I will tat a cabochon...that's right, I need to buy the mounting frame! But I will get the tatting done anyway. I think they will also make nice pendants and also tiny ornaments.....thinking. Off I go. Happy as always to have you stop by. Thank you for the kind words and for your friendship. Have a wonderful day.

6 comments:

Julie said...

I can almost taste that wonderful tomato... it looks delicious.
Beautiful angel, they would make superb Christmas gifts and look so splendid hanging up for the festive season on a lovely tree.

Vickie said...

TOMATOES!! Wow! Hard to think of that when it is 45º and 55mph winds!! Well good for you two. ;)

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

The angel is wonderful. I can imagine a host of them in different sizes on a tree.

butterfly said...

I am coming over, yes wow tomatoes , I wish we could grow them so early.
You are so lucky to have the lovely warm weather .
Here it is still cold and lots of rain.
I need some sunshine now.
Enjoy your day .

Tiffstitch said...

After our surprise snowstorm today, 80F sounds pretty nice. :) Lovely tomatoes and angel!

Brigitte said...

So lovely, your tatted angel. Enjoy your mail delivery :)
A fresh tomato in March, sounds absolutely great to me. And makes me remember the time when my grandfather had a little vegetable garden and when the tomatoes were rep my sister and I used to pick and eat them, as many as we could, lol.