Friday, March 10, 2017

Inquiring minds want to know...or do they?

Oh how much fun. Jo a dear blogging friend has a new blog Called Blogger of the week. She asked many of us to submit answers and I have been featured! You can read about me here.   Blogging has been a wonderful world for me. I love meeting new friends and  the comradery has been the best. I have learned and shared and have received caring kind words from many places near and far. So let's see, what have I been up to? Well, as you know I have not spent time with Alice. Oh not because I do not want to. The past month I have had vision issues and to be truthful was a bit nervous about my vision. So finally had it checked and there is not serious issue. Started on a treatment and soon things will be better. What a relief. Soon I will be able to get back to Alice and the 32 count linen! In the meantime I have been tatting because that is not a problem for these tired eyes. Oh before I forget...an update on the Mourning Doves. One of the babies has flown the nest and there is still one left who is in no hurry to leave. The parents have been trying really hard to encourage it to go, but as of late yesterday it is still clinging to safety of the nest. The weather was fabulous again yesterday. Mr H and I planted a few flowers and I added some Marigolds to the community garden. Remember the tomato I picked? Well sliced with some cucumber and salt, pepper and Balsamic dressing....it was delicious along with a  potato salad for lunch out on the lanai.  Soon there will be a few more ready...and there are still several tiny ones.  This morning Mr H has a doctor appointment and then I plan to sit outside and tat. That about covers it for me. The weekend is here and some of you will move your clocks ahead...not us here in Arizona. I am sure you do not want to be late for something important.
Does it mean Spring is around the corner for you? Before you know it Easter will be here. I think I will tat an Easter egg motif! Maybe even try a basket of flowers...oh dear,  I got the spring bug in my head!!!!! Glad you stopped by and I hope you visit with Jo and the new blog and enjoy my interview. Thank you for the kind words and most of all for your friendship.

8 comments:

Vickie said...

Yes, I just read your post on The Blogger of the Week! So nice. :D
Glad your eyes are getting a rest and being taken care of with the drops. Have a beautiful day.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I have missed Alice, looking forward to seeing her soon.
Congratulations on being The First Blogger Who Isn't Me on the new blog LOL

We don't Spring Forward for a couple of weeks as yet but I am putting up some Spring stitching anyway.

butterfly said...

So happy your eyes are better.
I just had mine tested and every thing is ok thank goodness.
Enjoy the weekend.

Astrids dragon said...

So nice to learn more about you!
I'm glad your eyes are okay and you'll be back stitching soon.
Yes, bring on spring! Although we're "supposed" to be getting snow on Tuesday, we'll see.

shirley flavell said...

We will be moving our clocks back in April:( Very wet and humid at the moment. I can only stitch in this humid weather. As soon as you start cleaning, baking etc the perspiration drips off it makes you feel very lethargic.Your tomato lunch sounded really nice, our tomatoes have been pitiful this season. Hopefully next year will be a good year. Had lots of cucumbers and beans though. Have a good week Gracie:)

diamondc said...

Hi Gracie: How lovely you are featured, I like the interview, what a great idea.
Spring will be late here in Minnesota, that darn ground hog lied again, or he does not know a things about spring and its arrival.
Ahhh fresh tomatoes, there is nothing better.

Blessings
Catherine

Sally said...

I have just visited the Blogger of the Week blog. It was lovely to read your interview.

Julie said...

Enjoyed your writing for Blogger of the Week.