Wednesday, November 2, 2016

When you are awake at 3:30 AM and look for something to do....this is what happens. I can not show more because first, it is not finished and second it will be a gift for someone. I can show you another part of him...
I do not know if you can see it well, but this is the stitchable cork form DMC and I stitched with metallic variegated thread on it. Really easier to use than I expected.  I need to do a few more things then it can be assembled and mailed. Mum is the word on where and who for now. Of course I may just fall asleep later today because although I was doing this at 3:30 AM I had been awake since 1:30 AM...going to be a very-- l o n g -- day . The weather has been cooler yesterday and so far today. I spent sometime yesterday morning rearranging some of my Katina collection from one place to another
and of course if you move one thing you then have to move this and that to complete it all and before you know it, 2 hours passes.  I have several more in my curio cabinet and that has to be emptied and cleaned....but not today! I can count on a couple of hours with that. These were my mothers and she gave them to me some years ago. Each is named and has a purpose/meaning. They were all bought back in the mid to late 80s. I must get to Jo Ann's for batting and a few other things...linen so I can wait to start Alice...get it? (inside joke) It is about that time that I need another cup of coffee....wish you were here to join me. Thank you for your friendship and kind words....hope you have a great day.

6 comments:

Julie said...

Nice work you did in the middle of the night, hope you manage to catch up on a few zzzz's this afternoon.

Bea said...

That's very creative for the wee small hours, he's cute. Those are beautiful figures.

Ann at Beadlework. said...

I love the look of your gift in the making - mind you I am amazed that you can concentrate at that time of the morning Grace.

Vickie said...

Oh my goodness! What a precious, little creature you made!! I hope you are sleeping right now my friend!!!

Shelly said...

Burning the Midnight Oil! You get up and create and I grab a book! Nice Kachina collection.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

What a productive use of your insomnia! What is the stitchable cork like to use?
Are you planning on being late starting Alice?