Saturday, November 5, 2016

Something new

I just want to introduce you to my dear friend JeanneG...
I am so lucky to have her as my friend. She is a delight to chat with, she is active in needlework and we get together at least once a week to stitch, or just chat. Doesn't she have a beautiful smile? I am so lucky to have her in my life.
Here is her latest cross stitch
JeanneG loves cats and this is absolutely sweet. JeanneG also quilts and she is currently working on a Dresden design also. We live a courtyard apart or as we used to say back in RI, a stone's throw away. I think it takes just about a minute to walk door to door.
I did mention something new...as in a project that is. I finished the scarf I started...
I love it. One gift finished and I was getting ready to start another scarf  and was reminded of Hairpin Lace
so I had to do that! I have one strip finished and will have 3 to put together. The bright yarn is my life-lines to keep it all from tangling. It has been years since I did Hairpin Lace and forgot how relaxing it is to do. I like this Clover tool because it has the built in lifeline needle incorporated into the bars.  I need to focus on not added any more projects to my basket! Maybe a set of blinders (like the horses wear to keep them focused) would help but I seriously doubt it. Today Mr H and I are hoping he is feeling well enough to go to a Craft/Art Festival...a favorite of mine each year. The weather seems to finally be breaking and Fall may be just a day or two away. Oh and yes, this is the weekend you all turn back the clocks... Arizona does not, well only the Navajo Nation still does. So don't forget to adjust your clocks. I think it is time for me to have some toast and coffee....glad you stopped by today. Thank you for your friendship and kind words. Hope your day is great.

9 comments:

butterfly said...

Say hello to Jeannie for me.
Love her stitching .
Your scarf looks great , enjoy your weekend , our clocks went back a week ago .

Vickie said...

Jeanne did a super sweet cat! Did I see right?! Jeanne is 90?!

KimM said...

How wonderful to have a kindred spirit so close. Please give Jeannie my best. I think I need blinders, too. I have too many creative activities I love....and not enough time, space in the house or energy to enjoy them all - HA!
Hugs
xxx

Bea said...

How wonderful to have another crafter so close at hand and such a lovely lady to boot. The scarf looks very cosy and the lace seems to be coming along nicely.

Brigitte said...

Great for you to have such a lovely stitching and crafting friend as a neighbour.

Karyn said...

Hi Gracie and Jeanney ❤
How lucky are you to have such a good friend who shares your love of crafts and lives so close...every girl's dream.
Your scarves are beautiful...your many talents amaze me, Gracie, as always.
I visited a quilting shop on our trip and decided that's going to be my next endeavor.
Hugs

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

How wonderful to have a stitching friend close by. Her cat is lovely.
We put our clocks back last week, I love the extra hour in bed and that my son is really tired at bedtime and goes off to sleep much quicker than usual!

diamondc said...

Hi Gracie: Your friend is adorable, I do not have any friends that stitch but loads that do beadwork, not the same.
I her Cat finish, so sweet.
I am not sure about hairpin lace I would positively have a mess going I am sure.
You are very lucky to be able to do that.
I do not like day lights saving time I do wish it would stop, but hey that's just me.

Blessings
Catherine

Julie said...

Jeanne has a lovely smile, her cat project is beautiful.