Monday, November 7, 2016

A great weekend

The days seem to just be moving on with me in tow; with me trailing behind trying to keep up. I really did accomplish a few things this weekend
The Hairpin Lace scarf is finished. Another gift waiting to be mailed. So far I am getting these Christmas items ready and will be on time with my plans. Well, almost------Mr H and I went to the Litchfield Park Festival on Saturday and although we enjoyed ourselves there were 2 vendors that we usually buy from who were not there. Very disappointing. But we did find
 a new artist, Greg Kyle, and bought this beautiful watercolor print from him. It is called Hopi Roots. It depicts the Hopi women whose legs are the roots of the earth....that they are Mother Earth. I feel in love with it the minute I saw it.
Simply matted and framed it looks very nice on my Southwest Wall. I also found a little something for the special box I am making to send to someone special, so I can not show it yet. We really enjoyed seeing Tony Duncan and his beautiful family perform again. If you would like to see his 5 year old son Naiche perform the Hoop Dance, check this link out. His 3 year old daughter Tanis also performed  and they are just too wonderful.  I love his music. His beautiful wife Violet has a new book....
I now have both of her books. They are well written and illustrated.  The first book was about her growing up and now this is about Naiche learning to Hoop Dance. A beautiful family. We began to get tired and it was warm and we were hungry, so we did not satay for the entire performance this time. This week I will begin to plan and organize the Stitch at Home Challenge from SNAD, which I posted about here. The ideas have been in my head so it is time to sketch them out and begin the project. Deadline is January.  The laundry is spinning and I finished my coffee. Now I need to get to CVS for prescriptions that are ready. It is always nice to chat with you...thank you for stopping by and for your friendship and kind words. Have a great day.

9 comments:

butterfly said...


Love the scarf , enjoy your day hugs.

Bea said...

The scarf is beautiful and how nice to check one more gift off your list. That's always a good feeling.

Summer said...

The scarf is so pretty ♥

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I loved the first lines of this post, that's how I feel sometimes too.
Glad you found a new artist to support at the festival.

Brigitte said...

Isn't it great to know that you are up to date with your gift making? This scarf looks fantastic!

diamondc said...

Gracie: What a beautiful scarf, lucky that you can create something so lovely.
Your Southwest wall is lovely.


Blessings
Catherine

Julie said...

A stunning scarf, I've never heard of hairpin lace, will have to look that up.

Julie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Julie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.