Friday, October 7, 2016

Pretty colors

I love the mail delivery...in this case UPS. What I do not like is that they ring the bell then drop the package off and are gone before I can even open the door. I finally ordered the complete 24 skein set of the new DMC Coloris floss....
just love the  colors! They are still not avaliible in the stores, at least not here in Arizona, so I ordered directly form DMC. I spoke to Iris and she could not be more pleasant or helpful. As it happened, the order department was closed when I called but Iris assured me she would submit the order first thing the next morning. The next day (Friday) Iris called to let me know that for $2.00 more I could get free shipping. Together we selected 2 more floss colors and there it was, free shipping. Delivery was yesterday. the floss was packaged in
this nice black envelope along with the other item that I ordered...stitchable cork.
the piece measures 10 inches square and is paper thin. I have a project in mind. It will be interesting to try it out. As for the floss, I have no project in mind but hopefully I will find something to use them with.  Our weather has been so nice...Mr H and I have been sitting outside daily. This morning I spent at the Hyundai dealership getting the Elantra a first oil change and inspection. I spent the time knitting while there. Presently it is a bit warm for me outdoors so inside it will be. I probably will work on the ornament as the stitching is almost finished. I already have the backing fabric and it will be a simple finish. I am keeping track of the hurricane as I have friends in Florida and family in North Carolina. So far all are safe. If you are in the path of Mathew, please stay safe...take no chances. Happy that you took time to visit and as always, thank you for your friendship and kind words. Have a good day.

8 comments:

Vickie said...

Oh what great mail. I am curious about that cork.

Bea said...

Beautiful floss! And I'm really intrigued by stitchable cork - can't wait to see what you do with it.

Marilyn said...

What pretty colors of floss.
I wonder when they will be available in stores?
I've seen the cork and mesh, but wonder what to stitch on it.
Have fun with it!
Marilyn

Ele said...

These new Coloris threads are a pleasure to work with. I bought some skeins last summer in France and have been enjoying them so much. I am sure you will love them too.
Looking forward to see what you will do with the stitchable cork, sounds intriguing!!

Ann at Beadlework. said...

The colours are just so uplifting - it's a treat to get good service.

Julie said...

Lovely new threads, the cork looks interesting?

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

What gorgeous new threads. I haven't got any of them yet. How strange about UPS, we have them here and they are strictly "signature only". We do have a large metal box on the porch where non-signed parcels can be left.
The cork sounds very interesting, looking forward to seeing what you do with that.

Brigitte said...

I always love to see hands full of floss ... enjoy stitching with them.