Wednesday, October 5, 2016

What day is it

"What day is it" asked Pooh
"It's today" said Piglet
                          "My favorite day" said Pooh. (A.A. Milne)
I like Wednesdays...not sure why, but I do. I always liked the middle of the week.
We are starting to have outside weather...you know, when the temps are favorable to enjoy sitting outside finally. Mr H and I did just that for the last 2 days...well, not all day but for an hour or 2 and that was pleasant. I took knitting out on Monday
what? oh you noticed the pattern is different... well it is. I was not happy with the way it was so out it unraveled and now I am doing the Broken Rib stitch.  I have it stretched a bit so you can see it and it will look good blocked. Once again, it is the same on both sides.  Yesterday we sat outside in the yard and I took my Hawaiian quilt block to work on
I now have one complete flower stitched. Well, I still have to stitch the small stamen in the center of each one. I did it on the previous bloom to the far right. My hand began to cramp so I took a break. I am still not 100% happy, but I can live with it. I must try to get a photo with the better color of the back round fabric. It is not showing the pale yellow as it really is. Today I plan to work on my ornament which is coming along. I must tell you, I follow the San Francisco School of Needlework & Design blog. My goal is to go and take a class there. Anyway, they posted about their Stitch at Home Challenge and it sounded so interesting. You had to send an email to be accepted. I sent it thinking I would not hear back. I was wrong! I received an email saying I could participate and a packet would arrive.
The challenge is that you must design a project and use every one of the Swarovski Crystals ( 19 of them) . You can use whatever other materials also. When complete you must fill out a form and either mail the project to them or a photo. The challenge is being called "Jewels of the Sea". I have an idea or two already. Super excited am I! Did you happen to notice the strange looking post yesterday...oh Blogger! So, I am off to brew another cup of coffee and grab my ornament and sit outside for awhile.  The temp is only 64! and will reach the mid/high 80's today. Love this weather.  Glad you came by today. Thank you for your friendship and kind words. Have a great day.

8 comments:

faith76 said...

There is nothing I like more than sitting in the sunshine quietly crafting :) xx

faith76 said...

There is nothing I like more than sitting in the sunshine quietly crafting :) xx Your new project with the crystals sounds very exciting xx

Tiffstitch said...

Good luck with designing and love the knitting!

Bea said...

Good luck with the design challenge - always good to stretch the creative muscles. How nice to craft outside and good progress on both projects although I'm sorry you had to unravel.

blue star stitcher said...

What a fun challenge to use the crystals in your own design. I didn't know we had a needlepoint school here in the United States. Years ago I had looked up one in France that taught embroidery and needlepoint, and was amazed at the photos on their website.

diamondc said...

Gracie: Your knitting loos lovely, I am in love with the color yarn you chose.
Are you doing more quilt blocks, if so are they all different patterns, so sorry just curious, I do not quilt, maybe someday.
The beads look like something I would do, can you make a scissor fob or use them on fabric? I am not sure what I would do but it sounds like fun, I will be looking forward to seeing what you do.

Blessings
Catherine

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

What a wonderful idea for a challenge. A mermaid is the first thing that springs to mind. Or maybe a sunken treasure chest lost by a Pirate?

Julie said...

Good luck with your designing.