Friday, September 30, 2016

keeping busy....

I have been alternating on the projects at hand...the scarf, the ornament and getting some fall into the house and of course my Hawaiian quilt piece.
I love hand sewing so this is a pleasure to work on. I am hoping that by the end my needle turning will be better, but for now it is okay. I have been reading up on the history and such and some of the quilt pieces use a small tack stitch and I was taught to use the invisible stitch. So we shall see and maybe the next one I will try the tack stitch. Oh and the scarf is growing...a bit slowly, but it will get there. My ornament is looking good...
now you did not think it would be in focus did you. I m not sure if my niece reads my blog so I want to keep it a surprise right now  how it looks. I will tell you it is cute! I would like to make a few other ornaments so I am trying to work ion this  a little more each day. This will be my 3rd ornament for Natalia. It really does not feel like Autumn here in Arizona but I started to get the look at least in the house....
I really looks nice at night on the mantel. I is not complete but then again we are still in the 90's most days so it is not easy feeling like Fall! the overnight temps are not too bad and the early morning is nice....then the sun rises higher and boom! it is in the 90's and hot. We have had a bit of rain these past few days but not enough to fill the draught here in the desert. I just finished a laundry and hope to sit outside for a short time. I went for lab work yesterday morning and my left arm/elbow is a bit sore today. The gal who did the drawing of 3 vials was really gentle and I do not have any bruising. Limited handiwork today I think. I am still waiting on Alice from The Attic. They have not placed the order yet...I may try one of the other shops out of Arizona. Not that I am in a hurry you understand to begin her, but I just want her in my house. I have realized that tomorrow is September...my goodness these months are just flying by. With that thought, I best get stitching. It was so nice to have you stop by and welcome to my new friends. Thank you for your friendship and kind words. Have a great day.

2 comments:

Bea said...

Your quilt is looking lovely. I can see why you don't feel like fall is the temperatures are that high. We're in the low to mid 50's in the day, mid 40's at night. The mantle looks terrific.

Julie said...

Your autumn mantle look beautiful.
The quilt is nice.