Monday, September 26, 2016

A new project

Oh I know what you ar3 thinking...?what? but I just have to. My friend Dianna Lynn goes to Hawaii every year and goes to a palace and takes a class in Hawaiian quilting and has made some lovely pieces.
Here she is in Hawaii with some feathered friends. Always smiling!
I asked if I could have a lesson with her and today we went to get the fabric.....I talked about pink on pink or lavender and purple or maybe something on white. So here is what I am working on.....

Pale yellow back round and a pretty shade of orange! The flower is an Anthodium. It is thought to bring luck and protect against evil. It is also associated with magical fairies. Okay, it is none of the mentioned colors but I really liked this together. It is all basted and ready for needle turning. Dianna is very good with the letting me do and learn although she did help with the basting. Quite a time back she helped me with a piece that she had begun but was not finishing but I put it away and believe it or not it is in the closet filed under ???? so I had to start another but this is good so I would learn form fabric folding to cutting to basting. So there you have it. Yes I am still doing the ornament and knitting the scarf. A late post by my standards...but it was a busy morning. Glad to have you here and thank you for your friendship and kind words. Hope the day is good for you.

6 comments:

Julie said...

Your friend has a lovely smile, enjoy your time together. Your new project looks great.

Vickie said...

Now there is a place I want to go some day. Hawaii! What a lovely project Gracie!

diamondc said...

Gracie: What a lovely post, I love birds and this photo grabbed my heart.
I am excited for you and your quilt piece, I am looking forward to seeing the finished square.

Blessings
Catherine

Bea said...

Your quilt is lovely - well done!

Brigitte said...

Hawaiian quilting is such a great technique.

Minù Gelsomino said...

Ciao, how do you do?! Sorry but I don't understand all that you write...why do you put the traduction gadget in your blog?! Thanks, bye bye!