Monday, September 12, 2016

Bee Happy is finished

Sat and sewed yesterday and managed to complete this project. I like the way the canvas tote absorbed the coffee dye. I hand stitched the cross stitch piece to the bag so that if I had to wash the tote I can easily remove the piece. Although I wanted it to be simple, I found the black lace piece and decided to add it.
The lining is just the way I wanted to dyed piece to look. I kept this part simple also; no pockets or fancy lining. I am really happy with the completed look. I would like to find a bee charm to add to the inside...just for fun. I should have and could have accomplished more yesterday but to be honest I got caught up with coverage of the 9/11 . Truth be told, I watched far too much and it did stress me a little. Today will be different. It is a cooler start to the day and it is expected to be around 100 but with some humidity. My mind is racing with projects that I want to start....embroidery, stumpwork, punch needle...where to begin?  I even want to do a bit of quilting. I saw a program with Dresden plate sunflower that looked nice. See? I am overloading my mind! I did steam my couple walking punch needle....
now just to think of how to complete it....I do like the colors now.  I may just mount it on a cutting type board to hang. I know that I do not want it on a box top....maybe a basket front. We shall see. My blogging anniversary will be coming up shortly... 6 years...who would have thought. I have noticed since I started blogging that some seem to have fallen by the wayside....or simply changed where/how they post, and how often they post. Life does make us change I suppose. Anyway, I am happy that my enthusiasm has remained and that you choose to visit with me. Thank you for your friendship and kind words....hope you have a great day.

11 comments:

Vickie said...

Wow! What a tote! Awesome Gracie!
Yes, I too have noticed people dropping off. Sad, but, oh well. IG and FB are not for me, so here I am! :D

Chookyblue...... said...

love the bag and congrats on 6 years...........

Julie said...

There is always something lovely to see when I visit here with your Gracie, a super tote bag. Congratulations on 6 years blogging.

Bea said...

Love your tote bag and the fabric for the lining is perfect. Beautifully done!

Fiore said...

Grace, your tote bag is very well done and cute.

butterfly said...

Love the bag,what a talent you have , congats on your 6 years of blogging hugs.

Ninetta said...

Beautiful tote! Congrats for the blog anniversary!

KimM said...

What a beautiful tote! The finish is perfect.
xxx

Tiffstitch said...

Excellent fully finished object with the tote and glad you're happy with your colours for the punch needle couple.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Your bag is lovely. I really like that design. Kim sent me bee-themed things for my RAK and I have some fabric which would go so well with that design.

I started blogging about 6 months after you and I agree, some good friends have stopped but others have joined us. There are always new people for my blog hops which is how I judge it!

Isobel -Argante- said...

awwww how nice to stitch my bee pattern! Thanks so much my dear, and thanks for visiting my blog :)))
Have a nice week end!!!

Love
Isi