Sat and sewed yesterday and managed to complete this project. I like the way the canvas tote absorbed the coffee dye. I hand stitched the cross stitch piece to the bag so that if I had to wash the tote I can easily remove the piece. Although I wanted it to be simple, I found the black lace piece and decided to add it.
The lining is just the way I wanted to dyed piece to look. I kept this part simple also; no pockets or fancy lining. I am really happy with the completed look. I would like to find a bee charm to add to the inside...just for fun. I should have and could have accomplished more yesterday but to be honest I got caught up with coverage of the 9/11 . Truth be told, I watched far too much and it did stress me a little. Today will be different. It is a cooler start to the day and it is expected to be around 100 but with some humidity. My mind is racing with projects that I want to start....embroidery, stumpwork, punch needle...where to begin? I even want to do a bit of quilting. I saw a program with Dresden plate sunflower that looked nice. See? I am overloading my mind! I did steam my couple walking punch needle....
now just to think of how to complete it....I do like the colors now. I may just mount it on a cutting type board to hang. I know that I do not want it on a box top....maybe a basket front. We shall see. My blogging anniversary will be coming up shortly... 6 years...who would have thought. I have noticed since I started blogging that some seem to have fallen by the wayside....or simply changed where/how they post, and how often they post. Life does make us change I suppose. Anyway, I am happy that my enthusiasm has remained and that you choose to visit with me. Thank you for your friendship and kind words....hope you have a great day.
The lining is just the way I wanted to dyed piece to look. I kept this part simple also; no pockets or fancy lining. I am really happy with the completed look. I would like to find a bee charm to add to the inside...just for fun. I should have and could have accomplished more yesterday but to be honest I got caught up with coverage of the 9/11 . Truth be told, I watched far too much and it did stress me a little. Today will be different. It is a cooler start to the day and it is expected to be around 100 but with some humidity. My mind is racing with projects that I want to start....embroidery, stumpwork, punch needle...where to begin? I even want to do a bit of quilting. I saw a program with Dresden plate sunflower that looked nice. See? I am overloading my mind! I did steam my couple walking punch needle....
now just to think of how to complete it....I do like the colors now. I may just mount it on a cutting type board to hang. I know that I do not want it on a box top....maybe a basket front. We shall see. My blogging anniversary will be coming up shortly... 6 years...who would have thought. I have noticed since I started blogging that some seem to have fallen by the wayside....or simply changed where/how they post, and how often they post. Life does make us change I suppose. Anyway, I am happy that my enthusiasm has remained and that you choose to visit with me. Thank you for your friendship and kind words....hope you have a great day.
11 comments:
Wow! What a tote! Awesome Gracie!
Yes, I too have noticed people dropping off. Sad, but, oh well. IG and FB are not for me, so here I am! :D
love the bag and congrats on 6 years...........
There is always something lovely to see when I visit here with your Gracie, a super tote bag. Congratulations on 6 years blogging.
Love your tote bag and the fabric for the lining is perfect. Beautifully done!
Grace, your tote bag is very well done and cute.
Love the bag,what a talent you have , congats on your 6 years of blogging hugs.
Beautiful tote! Congrats for the blog anniversary!
What a beautiful tote! The finish is perfect.
xxx
Excellent fully finished object with the tote and glad you're happy with your colours for the punch needle couple.
Your bag is lovely. I really like that design. Kim sent me bee-themed things for my RAK and I have some fabric which would go so well with that design.
I started blogging about 6 months after you and I agree, some good friends have stopped but others have joined us. There are always new people for my blog hops which is how I judge it!
awwww how nice to stitch my bee pattern! Thanks so much my dear, and thanks for visiting my blog :)))
Have a nice week end!!!
Love
Isi
Post a Comment